Saturday, May 31, 2014

Nature Republic Botanical Lip and Cheek (Red Tangerine #04): Review


Summer ain't over until you say it is... Well, at least that's the case here in the Philippines. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but I have this firm perception that it is always summer here in the Philippines with occasional bouts of rainfall coupled with a little bit of storms here and there, especially during the months of June- September. Unlike other countries that are blessed with exciting four different seasons of winter, spring, summer and fall, Philippines is so different as it is a tropical one. So while other countries in the west are preparing for summer, here in the Philippines, we bid goodbye to the hottest months of our year. Recently, every now and then, we would experience rainfall, an event that was a bit elusive for the past three months. But despite the few bouts of rainfall, it is still pretty hot and humid here for the most part of the day. So before summer give its final bow, I would love to share this specific product from Nature Republic that has become a staple in my makeup kit.


 Shade 04, Red Tangerine
 Nature Republic is nature friendly. :)

This particular product is called the Nature Republic Botanical Lip and Cheek in Red Tangerine. I got this from my most trusted Korean cosmetics online store, Kkochipida. I'm pretty sure you've heard of this shop at least once if you've been following my blog. But just in case, here's some of my previous posts of products I got from her (Charm). I highly recommend buying from her.



 Obligatory swatch is once again not giving justice to the actual product. This was taken with my old camera, for those who are wondering.

Anyway, since orange is a color that I usually associate with summer, I put it to good use for the past three months. In fact, I even made a makeup tutorial using it! And although it is only advertised as a lip and cheek product, I used it as an all over color cream. It's so versatile!

Clicking on the photo above will lead you to the makeup tutorial video wherein I made use of this product. It may be able to give you a better idea of how it functions if you see it in action. Oh, and don't forget to subscribe if you do watch it! ;)

What I liked the best about this particular product is the shade itself. It's the right shade of orange that doesn't make me look weird. The only down side is that because it is a cream product, I always have to set it with powder. Otherwise, it would not last more than an hour. If I do set it, however, it can stay for a good 3-4 hours, which is pretty standard for my oily skin.

To sum this up, although orange is more of a summer color, I don't see any reason why it cannot be used in other seasons as well so I highly recommend that you get one.

Oh, and a special shout out to the best mom in the world-- MY MOM! It's her birthday today! Have fun today! God bless! I love you! <3

with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: