Sunday, May 11, 2014

Daiso Ellefar Princess Chiffon Eyeshadow (Twilight): Review + Swatches


I'm not sure if you've already seen my Japan 2013 haul but I included a photo of this particular eyeshadow in that post. This is actually not a personal purchase. My younger sister was the one who bought it. It was super cheap at only 105 yen from Daiso (in Northport Mall, Center Kita, Japan)! She bought four different variants and she was supposed to give them away to friends but she changed her mind and gave them something else. She opened one of the four and she told me I can just use the palette instead since she didn't really like it.




I was actually reluctant in accepting her offer because she was so honest that she didn't like the palette at all. So before using it, I swatched it at the back of my hand. Since it was just a cheap brand and because my sister's response wasn't all that good, I didn't have good expectations towards the product. I, however, was really pleased with it, considering its price. I think it passed my standards for an everyday eye make-up.




To be honest, it's not super pigmented nor very blendable. But it was good enough for me to use. I particularly like the shades as there were nice ones included in the compact palette-- shimmery pastel pink for highlight and a light and regular orange shade (perfect for summer). There was also a dark purplish brown shade, great for creating depth.

The only down side is that you cannot use this eyeshadow alone or creasing will form in just an hour or two (especially in Philippine's humid weather) and blending would be pretty hard. To resolve this, I like to use my Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer before applying it.

Overall, I like this product. It's not outstanding in any aspect but I will be putting it to good use for this season as I am into subtle eye makeup these days.

I'm not sure if this is available in Daiso stores here in the Philippines. If you have any idea, please don't hesitate to comment down below.

Oh, and have you noticed my recent comment box change? I switched to Disqus! What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! ^^

No comments: