Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Ponds Acne Expert Pore Conditioning Toner: Review


Okay, so recently, I've been getting messages from younger readers asking me what skin care product they can use for themselves. This is actually a really hard question for me as I'm very careful when I recommend products for all of you out there. I don't really want to recommend anything that would not be suitable for anyone.

Honestly, I don't really have a full grasp of what products aren't really suitable for younger skin because when I was younger, I pretty much just used commercial facial washes and toners. Other than that, I applied nothing on my face except (of course) for my spot treatment. So I'm just going to put this DISCLAIMER out there. I did not study dermatology so I'm not really a skin expert. However, if you're interested to know what I used when I was younger, then keep on reading. :)



As I've said, during my teenage years, I only used commercial facial washes and toners. And just like the majority of adolescents out there, I wasn't spared with having problematic skin. At the young age of 13, I have declared myself to be an unfortunate oily, acne prone, sensitive skinned person. Like any other teenager, I used products that are meant to help with these problems. One of the products I've used would have to be this Ponds Acne Expert Pore Conditioning Toner.

When I was younger, I was only staying away from products that cause peeling mainly because these chemicals are deemed as 'too harmful' by my parents. So basically, I never get products that cause peeling over-the-counter. If I do get a product with peeling effects, it would always be under the direction of a professional, a dermatologist. Otherwise, I play it safe with products like the one I mentioned.

Ten years ago, my breakouts aren't as severe as now and a regular toner such as this is enough to keep my face blemish free. This particular product has Tea Tree and Salicylic Acid, which are both good acne fighting ingredients. This is best suited for my delicate skin as the other popular acne fighting product, benzoyl peroxide, causes me redness and irritation. Needless to say, this toner from the brand Ponds was able to help with my mild skin problems without causing any allergic reaction.

This particular toner is available in leading groceries, convenience stores, supermarkets, drugstores and the like so you definitely won't have a hard time getting one. It is also fairly cheap and works well.

To summarize, I still wouldn't want to recommend anything for a teenager to use as part of his/her skin care routine but if you ask me what I used during my time, it would be simply this toner right here. I was also able to try an astringent from another brand but I'll leave that out for my next post.
with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: