Sunday, July 27, 2014

Colour Collection Vitamin E Lipstick (Sheer) in Pinkish Nude: Review


Originally priced at PHP 330, I got this full size, 4g lipstick for free from Sample Room. Sample Room is a website that allows you to sample a variety of products ranging from beauty, skin care to other things like fitness, etc. If you've never visited their site, I suggest that you do. You won't regret it. :)

Last year, I got this particular lipstick from there. Believe it or not, I was surprised to see that I don't have a separate post for this particular product. I really thought I already reviewed it but after going through my folder of review back logs, I saw these photos and I realized I haven't done a proper review yet.



I chose this color because I thought this would be a great shade to use for everyday. True to my expectations, its color is one of my most favorite shades to sport on a regular day outside. It is a pinkish coral shade. I know the shade name is pinkish nude but it really doesn't appear nude-ish to me. It actually brightens up your lip color without overdoing it.

When I was still wearing this to work (back when I was still working in the ICU), a lot of my workmates complimented this particular shade because it was a really nice everyday pink shade. Also, it is quite moisturizing as it contains vitamin E and it's sheer enough that I don't have problems applying it without a mirror.



These are swatches, just in case you wanted to see how it looks like. I apologize for the low quality photos for this post as this was taken using my old camera. But the color is pretty similar, especially the first swatch above. I just decided to include the poorly taken second swatch because I would like to emphasize that this particular shade is a bit glossy when worn. :)

I really love this product. It's one of my most favorite products from Sample Room. The only negative thing I can think of is the scent as it has a very lipstick-y scent. It's hard to explain but it smells a bit waxy. However, this doesn't bother me that much since this waxy scent disappears within the minute you apply it on your lips.

Colour Collection products can be bought through dealers. Personally, I haven't bought one as I don't know any Colour Collection dealers out there. If you are one, please comment down below and leave us your contact details so we'd know where to get Colour Collection products from.
with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: