Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Tony Moly x Pokemon Pikachu Mini Cover Cushion (02 Warm Beige): Review

Hi everyone! I'm back after a very long time. I didn't think I would continue posting but a recent purchase made me want to blog again. It's none other than the Tony Mole Pikachu Mini Cover Cushion! :)

I was lucky to have been able to grab a hold of this product in less than 2 weeks after ordering it. I got mine from Style Korean (not sponsored).




The thing about this product that made me buy it in the first place is its packaging. It is hard to deny that this cushion has one of the most adorable packaging I've ever seen.


I got it in the shade 02, warm beige. To be honest, I didn't know much about the difference between the two shades but I believe the other one is 01, skin beige. I just opted for the darker shade of the two because from experience, Tony Moly shades run light. I am an NC20 in MAC and the shade 02 is a tad bit lighter than my skin tone. I can make it work with myself but it also makes me think this particular product is quite limiting due to the shade selection. I wish they would make more shades for their base products.


Another thing to take notice is its cute puff. It's just like a regular one in terms of its texture but because it has a pokeball design, it makes it 10x cuter. Since this is a 'mini' cushion, the size of the puff is also a bit smaller than usual cushion puffs. It's not really a big deal to me but I can definitely say that using it takes a lot more time than using regular puffs. However, I still use this one because it is just so cute. It blends the product really nicely and gives me a good amount of coverage with a smooth semi-matte finish.


As you can see from the photo above, the product is quite small in comparison with my hands. I have small hands to begin with so you can just imagine how cute and portable this product is. It's a good candidate for travel makeup.


Applying one layer gives me a good amount of coverage enough to hide my dark spots from previous breakouts. As pictured above, it gives me a nice semi-matte finish. I really like how it looks in person. I used to think cushion foundations don't offer much coverage but this product proved me wrong. On the other hand, this is the first ever cushion that I've tried so I don't really have any previous experience to compare it to.


One thing is for sure, though. This is not suitable for flash photography. Since it contains SPF50+ PA+++, it has a prominent white cast with flash photography. I don't know if you guys are interested in that, but I'm not. I rarely use flash photography especially for taking photos of people so I'm not really concerned with this. I just thought of doing the flash test just in case you decide to use this for picture day, which I highly discourage.

This isn't also the best for oil control. I have oily, acne prone sensitive skin and even though this product does not break me out, it makes me oil up in just 2-3 hours. It's nothing that a good oil control sheet wouldn't take care of but I ought to mention it just in case you find that as a deal breaker.

I'm not sure about how much product one cushion contains but seeing as it is packaged small, I would assume it's much less compared to usual cushions. Don't worry though. The price is also on the afforable side. It only costs 9.81USD on Style Korean. If you're looking to try a new cushion, I would highly suggest this one.


With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: