Friday, July 25, 2014

THEFACESHOP Brow Powder Duo: Review


Back when I was in college, I didn't know much about makeup and the few things I put on my face are just powder and lip color. Occasionally, I would add in a blush or an even rarer addition of eyeliner. I almost have all the basics except for one important point-- EYEBROWS!!!

Admittedly, I didn't know the importance of having a well defined brows. For years, I didn't even care about trying to groom my brows. Imagine my surprise when I learned about the wonders of having well shaped and well defined brows, especially in photos. It came as a huge discovery that I made sure to put to heart.

 
If you didn't already know, my dear readers, our eyebrows frames our face. This is the very reason why beauty gurus aren't joking when they say your eyebrows complete your look. It can not only improve your everyday appearance, but can also transform your look depending on how you would shape your brows.
 This is the old packaging.

Personally, I just follow the natural shape of my brows. I don't shape my own brows as I have it done in Lay Bare (most of the time) and Benefit counters when I have extra cash. I like the straight and defined look but recently, especially in the Korean beauty community, thick, straight brows tend to be the trend as it can make you look youthful in an instant. But then again, no matter what brow preference you have, you still have to make sure your brows look polished before stepping out of the house. I swear, it makes all the difference.

A product that I like to use on a daily basis would have to be the THEFACESHOP Brow Powder Duo. I actually got this particular product over 2 years ago but I only started using it a little over a year ago.


It is called 'duo' because as you can see, it has two shades of brown. Usually, I just use the lighter brown shade but when I want more definition, I try to use the darker shade.

The swatches aren't extraordinary, in my opinion. However, I never felt the need to change my brow product because I am very much satisfied with the results this gives. The applicator proved to be useful to me for about 6 months but after buying a separate brow brush, I never touched the applicator it came with. Frankly speaking, I may have even lost it somewhere in my makeup stash.

This is a highly recommended product and thankfully, if you also live in the Philippines, there are a lot of THEFACESHOP stores in leading department stores nationwide. Oh, and before I forget, if you want to see how I use this particular product, you can watch my Nature Republic Botanical Eyebrow Mascara Review + Demo (How I Do My Brows) video which also showcased this particular item. Enjoy!
with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: