Sunday, May 25, 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser: Review


Okay, so here's a revelation-- I sometimes go cray cray when I prepare for a concert. Being a person in between jobs, I spend majority of my time indoors, in front of my laptop, surfing. I rarely go out due to a number of reasons. One, I don't have anything important to do outside. Why waste energy in doing nothing? Two, lack of funds. Because it's been quite a while (won't say the exact number of months) since I quit my old job, my financial resources has been endangered. To keep it from getting extinct, I have this preservation technique, more commonly known as 'declining invitations to dine out' (with friends, of course). Despite all these measures of trying to make do with what's left of my earnings (Don't worry, I'm thinking of getting a job sooner than you might imagine.), I still can't resist the temptation of going to a K-Pop concert, especially if it's 2NE1's and Winner is the alleged guest. So to cut things short, even though I was financially challenged, I made it a point that I got tickets for the show. Opportunities like these don't just mean I get to go and have fun in a concert. It is a window for me to go outside, wear makeup and do my hair. Because I always take loads of photos during an event, I always make sure that I get all primped before any show as well. And because I want to look good in photos, sometimes, buying a new makeup items gets included in my "To Do" list. For this event, I bought the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser.





"With Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser, poreless, baby-smooth skin is just one swipe away!", says the box that housed this item. This particular product is a base makeup designed to provide you with a better canvas for makeup to apply and adhere better onto the skin. It is supposed to diminish the appearance of pores while making the surface smooth, to make makeup application easier. According to the saleslady that I talked to, this particular product also does a good job in oil control, being the main reason why I chose to buy this product over the Essence makeup base. (Have you tried Essence Makeup Bases? Please let me know in the comment section below!) I figured that a good makeup base with good oil control will be the solution to my skin problems, which will probably be emphasized on the day of the concert because apparently, 'blazing heat' here in the Philippines is not just a phrase but a reality that we have to endure. Imagine 40 degrees with overflowing humidity. I get sticky sweat all over within the first minute I come out of an air conditioned room!


With much anticipation, I applied the product onto the back of my hand to test it out. The squeeze tube packaging was a good idea since I was able to get the product out easily with a good amount of control for product dispensing. The actual product was a translucent (almost transparent) silicone type blob that blended oh so easily with just a swipe, just like what it claims on the box. I didn't see any noticeable change with how the skin looked (physically) but the texture was noticeably softer and smoother, which was something that I totally loved.

 The "blob" I was talking about. ;)
 Semi-blended
Blended

When I tried it out on my face, I was disappointed to see that the pores were diminished but only to a minimum level. I wasn't entirely disappointed though, as the same smooth and soft texture greeted me with much pride after some blending. It certainly made makeup application a breeze. One more salient factor that made me appreciate this product even more was the fact that even though the weather was not entirely conducive for makeup application, my makeup still set amazingly well, without clumping on any part of my face, including my all-time foe-- the sides of my nose! Needless to say, I had a good first impression of the product.

So I went out of the house and placed its longevity to the test. Usually, in the current summer heat, it takes me a short amount of time (about one hour) to notice greasiness all over my T-zone area. But to my delight, the greasiness was kept at bay that after 4 hours, when I looked into the mirror, I didn't find myself repulsive. To be honest, I thought I looked glowy, rather than the other "G"-word. (Greasy, not glistening.)

To sum this review, I am very much happy with my purchase and I highly recommend this especially to those who are in a tight budget as it is very affordable at PHP299. It is also available in all Maybelline counters nationwide. In case you're wondering, I got mine in SM Watsons Makati.

Have you tried this particular product out? Share your thoughts in the comment section below. I would love to know about your experience with this and I'm sure other readers would appreciate more insights in the form of comments. :)

with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: