Monday, June 2, 2014

Vaseline Healthy White Serum SPF 30++: Review


It doesn't take a scientist to know the harmful effects of UVA and UVB from prolonged sun exposure. It is also not a secret that before going out of the house and getting exposed with the sun's harmful rays, one must arm him/herself with protection. And yes, I am talking about sunscreen.


 The product is priced at PHP220 and I bought this from Watsons. Oh, and it contains 180ml. :)

This rule must be strictly followed especially in a country where whitening products are well advertised and used by the community. But then again, even without using whitening products, one cannot deny that sunscreen has become a necessity these days. It's a good thing there are moisturizing products that contains SPF and PA protection such as Vaseline lotions, or it successor, the 'serum'.

Introducing Vaseline’s most intensive whitening product yet: Vaseline Healthy White Serum SPF 30 PA++. It has more concentrated Vitamin B3 formula that whitens 3x more than regular whitening lotion. Has UVA and UVB protection against the sun.-- Sample Room
It's not my first time using Vaseline lotions, let alone the Healthy White line. In fact, I may have written a post for this specific line at least once before (over here).

Now, I don't really see the difference between the serum and the lotion despite the fact that the saleslady told me the serum is absorbed quicker than the other variants. This is, however, not a tested claim on my part since I don't have both the lotion and serum with me so there's really no way for me to compare and contrast. Thus, I provided you with a bit of a description of this new product, italicized two paragraphs above and well indented just to give it more emphasis. If you ask me, however, it just felt like a normal lotion. On the other hand, it is an undeniably comforting fact, that that the product has SPF 30 and PA++. There's this sense of relief whenever I sense the sun's heat emitting its effects on the surface of my skin. And before I forget to mention, there's also a little satisfaction that the packaging is something that I prefer over the previous ones. The cap is at the bottom, which makes storing an actual preparation for the product to move down into the opening by force of gravity. Also, the body is made of a material that's a lot easier to squeeze so I can imagine it would be a lot easier to empty out.

Moving on, its whitening properties aren't something that I really took note of. I didn't see any whitening effects, which is something that I didn't actually expect. I mean, I don't remember having any from the previous variants so I guess I was a little bit prejudiced. So in a way, I still wasn't disappointed.

So let me give an advice before I conclude this  post. Make sure to get one of these. Rainy days are ahead but our battle with the sun doesn't stop just because the sky decided to drop us a few bits of water every once in a while.
with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: