Saturday, June 21, 2014

THEFACESHOP Clean Face Clear Away Spot (Cystic Acne Remedy): Review


You would think nothing's worse than pimples. Four years ago, I used to think the same. Up until I faced one of the most disgusting and most painful skin problems of all-- cystic acne! Yes, it is similar to pimples, clogged pores and inflammed with redness that screams "Look at me!". But while pimples scream at 80 decibels, cystic acne shouts at 100 decibels! It obviously has deeper roots and it definitely is (always) much more painful. As if all that isn't enough to drive you insane, it is also harder to treat. Good thing I came across THEFACESHOP Clear Away Spot!

 Top view. Just because I feel more creative, taking one. Hehe.
 When the instructions say, "DO NOT SHAKE!" in upper case letters, you know they're seriously asking you not to.
 Active ingredient: Tea Tree Extracts
 It's a cute little bottle of miracle!

Before I continue, I would just like to clarify one thing. I'm no skin expert. Yes, I have a background around health but my skills are mostly critical care nursing and I don't have enough knowledge about dermatology for me to be considered an expert. I am, however, very experienced with this topic as I have been struggling with the problem (on and off) for almost four years now.

The main problem, in my opinion, is the nature of cystic acne. It is deeper within the skin that is why topical creams don't reach them (I think). I used to think that the only solution to this is pimple injections from time to time whenever I get my monthly facial. I get mine from Skin 101 SM Muntinlupa. They do the job pretty well as acne will significantly decrease in size in a matter of hours. The problem, however, is maintenance. Honestly, I don't have the time and money to go get a facial at a two week interval so it really is hard to deal with cystic acne, especially when it forms just days after the facial. But now, I know better. And because I want you to be happy like I am, I would love to share a solution to this problem.

I first got a bottle of this product through Kkochipida for only PHP 300+ when it was on sale early last year. I didn't expect much as I've always had sensitive skin and I really didn't know much about the product. Nevertheless, I still purchased the item out of curiosity. I'm glad I did!

You don't mix it because you aim to get the powder below the solution.

THEFACESHOP Clear Away Spot from their Clean Face line is in the form of pink powder. I'm pretty sure you've seen a product similar to this. One famous product would have to be the Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion but Etude House and Nature Republic also carry a similar product. I've never tried the other ones, though. This is because I'm super satisfied with the one I already have.

As the name suggests, it is a spot treatment. If you keep the bottle still (Don't shake it! I'm not even kidding.), the pink powder will settle at the bottom of the bottle. You then dip a q-tip and get an ample amount of product to your liking. You then apply it on your spots. You can apply it over your cystic acne or on normal zits. The liquid evaporates and the powder sticks to the spot where you placed it. Some say this product dehydrates that spot, reducing inflammation within the area. I'm not entirely sure about this fact but one thing's for sure-- it really does shrink zits fast!

I usually use this at night as I don't really want pink dots all over my face during the day. I sleep on it and magically, all my zits appear smaller when I wake up! It doesn't matter if the zit is so big, that it can already be considered as my secondary chin. Once I apply this product, I am confident that I will see improvements the next day.

With small pimples, it dries up fast. With cystic acne, I notice that it brings the acne out on the surface then dries it out in a few days, if you know what I mean. It also helps in lessening the pain from the inflammation.

This is my holy grail spot treatment and I've never seen any other product work better than this. I am currently on my second bottle, which I purchased from THEFACESHOP boutique in Festival Mall Alabang. I will definitely buy another one once this runs out. So if you have cystic acne problems like me, then I suggest you try this one out. The price is reasonable at PHP595 at THEFACESHOP Philippines boutiques. If you don't have one near you, you can definitely order from Ms. Charm of Kkochipida!
with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: