Sunday, April 13, 2014

Etude House Color Pop Shine Tint in Vita Pop: Review

It's the season to be bright and bold! At least that's how I believe this season is to be. I live in the Philippines and we're in the middle of summer. Temperature is so high, I can't even leave an air conditioned room in the middle of the day. Let's take today for example. Today is April 12 (one day before this post gets published) and the temperature ranges from 25-33 C, at least that's what my trusty iPad Mini says. It gets unbelievably hot around 2-3PM and even after that, the air just seems to sizzle with heat every single time I get out of the room. Make sure to hydrate yourself well, drink a lot of water and as much as possible, don't expose yourself from too much heat. You don't want to experience heat stroke, right?
In some countries, however, it is still partially cold as they just transitioned to the spring season. Oh, how I envy you. I envy those especially who has cherry blossoms to look at. But may it be spring or summer, bright lip colors would still suit the season! I particularly like pink and orange shades for this season. I'm not sure if you've seen my Top 5 Summer/Spring Lip Colors 2014 but this particular product I'm about to talk about is included in that list and it's the only non-local product I included in the lot. It is non other than the Etude House Color Pop Shine Tint in Vita Pop!
 


I've had this for quite a while, again from my trusty, favorite online shop called Kkochipida. It was not yet available in Etude House stores back then and this was the first local online store that offered the product for a reasonable price. No, this is not sponsored. I bought this with my own money last year. I've been using this since late August (Yes, I did not use it right away.) but I only found time to write down my thoughts today. (Talk about major back log there!)


If I'm not mistaken, Color Pop Shine Tint collection from Etude House came out last year as part of their summer collection. So when they released this, summer was actually already over (or closely getting over) here in the Philippines. Good thing we live in a tropical country so I managed to still rock this even after summer.


I got it in the shade no. 3 (Vita Pop). I think this one looks closest to the tangerine shade I've always coveted ever since Dara became an Etude House endorser. I know it's f(x)'s Krystal and Sulli who endorses the brand nowadays but I just can't forget who actually convinced me of trying out orange shades as part of my makeup routine. If you're not familiar with Dara's Miss Tangerine days, you can check her CF here.



I'm not sure why I took so many shots of the applicator but it's nothing really fancy or extraordinary. Truth be told, I have small issues on the length of the applicator since it is too short for my taste but it's nothing too much that I would actually complain about. It gets the job done anyway.



Here is a swatch and just as I've said, it is as tangerine as I hoped it would look like. I especially like to do an ombre look using this, along with my Ever Bilena lipstick in Retro. Otherwise, using it on its own is okay too.

Like any other tints, it stains the lips for a longer lasting staying power. The difference, however, is the finish, which as one would assume from its name, is glossy/ shiny. I don't think my lips dry up as much as other tints do with this particular product probably because of the finish. On the other hand, the downside is that it doesn't stay as long as the other tints I've tried. It doesn't bother me, though. Because I only really just bought this because I wanted its shade. Originally, I thought this would only look like a colored lip gloss on my lips that would just last for an hour or so. But as stated above, it provides good color pay off, finishes with a gloss and has a comparable (but sadly not up to par) staying power. Needless to say, it performed better than my expectations that is why I am very impressed with this product. I highly recommend this especially during this summer/ spring season. If you want a video swatch, be sure to check out my Top 5 Summer/ Spring Lip Colors 2014 over here where I swatched all my favorite lip colors for this season, including this.

Three weeks ago, I went to Etude House Glorietta and I saw that this particular product was still in stock so I'm pretty sure it is still available in Etude House boutiques out there. But if you want, you can just ask Etude House Philippines through their facebook page to check if it is in fact, still in stores. It is priced at PHP478. If no Etude House branch is near you and you feel like losing hope, don't fret. Kkochipida is the answer to your prayers!
with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: