Friday, April 11, 2014

4u2 dreamGirl Lovelight BB Powder SPF 15 PA++: Review


Oily skin, dry skin, they all have problems to deal with. Dry patches for dry skin and greasiness for oily skin! I personally have oily skin and true enough, greasiness is one of the main problems I have to deal with. I can't ever go out without applying a good powder on my face. It's not a requirement, it's a necessity.

 without flash
 flash

 Very affordable at PHP 194.00 only.

A couple of months ago, I was using this local brand powder that I got from Watson's- 4u2 dreamGirl Lovelight BB Powder. I first saw this with Say Artillero's videos. I remember how she used to rave about this powder. She's one of my favorite gurus so when I ran out of the current powder i'm using (Clinique), I went for this. It was particularly hard to find back then. Most 4u2 counters claim it's out of stock but thankfully, in SM Makati, there were a couple of reserved bb powders that were unclaimed. Hence, we got both- one for me and one for my sister. And don't worry, the date of reservation was long overdue that's why the saleslady gave it to us instead. (Thank you for not claiming, reservee. ;))





Confidence Builder through All Day Complexion Perfection. Exclusive formulation for even and natural skin tones and oil control. With sun protection too!
This is a pretty good find considering its price and its packaging. I love that the powder has it's own mirror, that the packaging is pink and compact and that it works as it should. I bought it to mattify my face and it does. I don't actually go out with just this. I usually use this to set my base makeup (bb cream) but either way, it does what I'm hoping for, which is to keep my oil production at bay. It doesn't, however, last for a whole day, so you might wanna bring some oil control sheets because the need for it might arise in about 3-4 hours after the powder has set. This is pretty standard for my oily face, under the humid Philippine weather.

All in all, I would recommend this especially for people who are in a tight budget. It isn't anything extraordinary but it does its job quite well. If, you are, however, more into the light coverage type of powders, I suggest you get the Tony Moly one, which is a little bit more expensive than this. Otherwise, I think it's okay to stick with this.

with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: