Saturday, March 22, 2014

Tony Moly Cats Wink Clear Pact in Clear Skin #1: Review


I gotta be honest, guys (and by 'guys', I mean 'girls'). I don't like cats. I get allergic to (any) animal fur and to make things worse, I was scratched by a stray one back when I was just a little kid. It was traumatic and I was scared. But that didn't stop the family from having one. Yes, we have one here at home but I don't really play with it (...or 'him'. Don't wanna upset cat lovers, do I?) I'm not even sure why we have a cat. Our house help says he was born here and that even though we had no intention of adopting him, we just naturally fed the cat and since then, he never went away. He doesn't even have a name. We just call him "Miming", just like how we call any other cat. But then again, this post is not about our house cat. It's about another cat that I personally use and own. It's my Tony Moly Cats Wink Clear Pact.

 The packaging looks so cute, don't you think? :)
 Not the cheapest compact powder out there but definitely not that expensive.
 Shade #1 (Clear Skin)

Okay, so this cat isn't actually real and I know that writing about our house cat for my intro sounds lame. But then again, I can't think of another introduction so I will just leave it at that. Heck, I'm writing this down at 2:30AM! So if you really think about it, I should just be thankful that words are actually coming out of my head!

 You can test your hangul skills by reading the back label.

 It has a paw print on the powder itself!


So enough about my house cat, my introduction and my dramatic way of saying I wanna go to sleep. Let's get down to business and talk about the product itself. First and foremost, I loooovvvee the packaging. Although I don't like cats in general, I would be willing to get along with this one because 1.) It can't scratch or bite me. It's not alive. 2.) It's super duper cute! I even had friends comment on how cute this powder pact looks like whenever I get it out of my makeup kit for a touch up. 3.) To top it all off, it's in pink (my favorite color)! So just by looking at the design, I knew deep within my heart that I was bound to get this for myself... And I did! With the help of the saleslady at SM Makati, I got the one in Clear Skin shade (#1).

This shade is actually a little bit light upon initial application but it oxidizes a little bit on me so it sets into a shade closer to my actual skin tone. It is a good product to set makeup and control excessive dewiness or even help keep my oil production at bay.  It doesn't cake and doesn't break me out, which is a plus. With my oily skin and humid weather in the Philippines, it stays on for about 3 hours before I need to re-blot. This is pretty standard for my case since I have really really oily skin. So far, I have no regrets buying this product and I am actually thinking about repurchasing this, if I don't get the urge to try a new product once this runs out.
with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: