Sunday, March 30, 2014

THEFACESHOP 더페이스샵 Face It Aura CC Cream: Review


Hi everyone! I'm back with a long overdue post. I had this item up in my youtube account more than a month ago. The clips were filmed back in December and the video was edited and uploaded mid-February. I don't know why I kept on procastinating this written item review. It was one of my 'most precious' beauty purchases last year (2013) and I was really excited to use it. I am still using this very product to date but I don't know why it took me so long to write my review down.



Anyway, I won't be dwelling much onto that since I am, in fact, ready to share my thoughts on this product. To be honest, I have been more active in blogging. I write down a review every other day which means I write about 3-4 posts a week. But even though I write as much as that, I still have a lot of back logs. Many photos of different items are still stored in my hard drive and it's driving me nuts! Anyway, I just really hope I get to keep this up. Oh, and I'm also restarting my Asian drama/music blog called Yoboseyo-Asia. You might wanna check it out if you're into Asian (Korean, Japanese, Thai) dramas, movies and music.

So there goes my off-topic paragraph. I'm sorry I had to mention those. Anyway, I am here to review my THEFACESHOP 더페이스샵 Face It Aura CC Cream in #2 Natural Beige. It has SPF 30 and PA ++. I got this from an online store called Kkochipida (http://shop.kkochipida.com/) with Ms. Charm. I got it for cheap at PHP795, compared to the commercial local price of PHP 1,595. If you're in a tight budget and you're into Korean cosmetics, I highly recommend that you get your stuff from Kkochipida. The link directs you to their site. Just to let you know, though, I purchased this particular product with my own money. I was not sponsored and all the things that I will be writing down are all my honest opinions derived from my experience of using the product.

Although I did get the product in mid-August, I only got to start using the item in December, shortly before my visit to Japan. It was winter then and I wanted to get an item that I can use to keep the moisture locked in my skin even under the cold winter weather. It was a battle in between my two other BB Creams and this. But since CC Creams are known to have more skin care benefits than BB Cream, I opted to bring this along with me.

Below would be my thoughts on the product in different aspects.

PACKAGING:

This could actually be considered a skill. Within a few minutes after opening the product, I immediately messed the sponge with a smudge of the actual product. Product photo op fail! Sorry!

One of the most interesting things about this product is the packaging. It comes as a fairly thick compact as opposed to other products that comes in a tube. I personally like how it looks like and the puff that comes with the product also works pretty well. Aside from that, the compact has a mirror so you don't have to worry about on the go touch ups.

COLOR:

As I've said, I got it in the shade #2 Natural Beige which is a good match for my skin. Unlike other CC Creams, this particular product from THEFACESHOP comes out as a beige tone cream, instead of the usual white ones that changes color upon blending onto the skin. I actually like the color of this CC Cream as opposed to other CC Creams I've tried in counters before.

COVERAGE:

Since CC Cream is known to provide more skin care benefits as opposed to BB Creams, coverage is not really their forte. This item, however, is an exception. It has light to medium coverage and can definitely even out skin tone and hide redness and light blemishes on the skin. Although if you have bumps on your face caused by pimples, I suggest you cover it up with a nice concealer.

CONSISTENCY:

As expected, the product is a little thick but creamy. I prefer to apply it using the puff, as opposed to my fingertips since it blends better with the puff.

FINISH:


It has a slightly dewy finish so I always set it with face powder. To be honest, I don't use this product when I know I would be outdoors since it's very humid here in the Philippines. I only use it when I know I would be using it indoors where air conditioning is expected. It has, however, served me so well during my stay in Japan last December 2013, during winter season.

LONG TERM EFFECTS:

Since I stayed in Japan for 3 weeks, I expected to have dry patches here and there throughout my stay. But that didn't happen. Aside from my usual moisturizer, I feel that this product helped contribute to that.

Now, before I end this post, let me share a demo/ overview video of me using the product with the use of both my fingertips and the sponge that came with the product (comparison).

with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: