Sunday, March 2, 2014

Holika Holika All That BB Cream : Review


Hi guys! I'm here for a long overdue post regarding a particular BB Cream that I've used last year. I bought this as a gift for my sister but I also got to use it for a few times (with permission, of course) so that I can review it. I actually already have a video up regarding this particular product and at the end of the video, I promised to write a more in depth review on it but I never got to do it shortly after I had the video up so I'm just doing it now.


I got this BB Cream from an online shop called Kkochipida. No, I'm not sponsored. I bought this with my own money and all the things I'm about to say are my personal opinions.

As I've said in the video (if you've watched it), this particular product is not one of Holika Holika's popular items. One of their more known products would have to be their Aqua Petite Jelly BB Cream that has been one of the most raved BB Creams of all time (in youtube) especially during summer season. There's limited review regarding this particular product so I decided to give it a try and tell you guys how my experience was with using it as a makeup base.

PACKAGING:


Let's first talk about the packaging. This particular product comes in a bluish purple packaging with a pump. Yes, it has a pump! Yay! Need I say more? I love pumps! It helps in controlling the amount of product to be dispensed, it's hygienic and it just looks better overall. 

COLOR:



I got the shade no. 2 Natural Beige. At first, I thought that the shade would be too dark for both my sister and I but I tried swatching it at the back of my hand and I then thought it was going to be too fair. After blending everything completely, though, I was fine with the result. The shade is brightening and it has evened out my skin tone.

COVERAGE:
With one layer, it has successfully covered some of my imperfections. On a regular basis, I don't use concealer anymore since it already does a good enough job of brightening my under eye area and evening out my skin tone. You can also use two layers for more coverage but for full coverage of pimples and scarring, a little bit of concealer is needed.

CONSISTENCY:


The BB Cream in general is not sticky. At first, you would feel the presence of the BB Cream but in a few minutes, it would be as if you're not wearing anything at all.

FINISH:
This has a slightly dewy finish that is suitable for many skin types. I personally am oily and even though it's slightly dewy, it doesn't make me look greasy.

LASTING POWER:
I actually just apply this once on my face and I never retouch. Fading occurs right about the 4 hour mark but I only reapply powder and I'm good to go.

LONG TERM EFFECTS:
This BB Cream has SPF 27 and a PA ++, which is a good addition to my SPF 60 sunscreen. The packaging is all in Korean so I don't really know what it promises but one good thing about it is that it doesn't break me out.


This is a good BB Cream for everyday use. We already used it up and the only reason why we're not buying another tube is because we want to explore other BB Creams in the market for reviewing purposes but otherwise, I wouldn't mind buying the same product again.
with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: