Tuesday, May 24, 2011

iWhite Products: Review + Peel-Off Tip


I know today's post should be more of tips but I just have to make this post. I'm just going to give a small tip in the end so yeah, let me have a review today. If I don't do this today, I'm afraid I won't be able to review these again.

I'm not sure if you remember these two from my first Beauty Spree post. So anyway, it took a while before I actually got to use these two. I was looking for the perfect timing to use them. I thought of using it a week after my period so would blame nothing but the product if I break out.

Let me start with what the products are. As pictured above, I've used both the Whitening Pack and the Skin Whitening Vita Moisturizing Facial Wash. I've also used their nose pack a few years back so I'm going to lightly touch on that too.

I first used the Whitening Pack and it's a peel off mask. The liquid (or colloid or whatevever matter it gets classified into) is a bit sticky and is white. So yeah, you apply an ample amount all over your face, avoiding the eye and lip area. You wait for it to dry (this is the time where you look like a ghost) for about 15-20 minutes and then you peel it off (from your chin) afterwards. You wash whatever's left after peeling. The smell is very much like their nose pack (don't worry, the smell is fine). But I do think it's the same thing just packaged differently. The nose pack is smaller while the mask is bigger but the consistency is the same and the steps you have to do is the same.

So anyway, I applied a bit of warm compress on my face with a towel. Sadly though, when I peeled it off, none of my black heads and other blemishes were picked up. But I did feel that my skin was soft after. Not sure about the whitening properties because I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to work with just one use. It is recommended to use this product twice a week. But since it is important (for me) that a peel-off mask removes my blackheads, etc etc, I wouldn't purchase this again.




As for the Skin Whitening Vita Moisturizing Facial Wash, I used up the sachet in a week which is actually amazing considering I wash my face for at least 4 times a day. With a little product, it gets to remove the dirt, form bubbles (which I like) and remove dirt. My face feels clean and soft after. It also smells the same as the two products above. Nothing overwhelming. Now would I repurchase it? Maybe. This could be a good replacement if ever I don't find the Clean and Clear facial wash I use on a normal day. I still prefer the Clean and Clear for my everyday use. :)

So to sum things up, I think their nose pack and peel off mask is NOT WORTH IT. Their facial wash, however, is WORTH IT.

Pros:
- smell is not overwhelming
- a small amount of product is needed per application/ usage
- cheap
- available locally (I bought mine in Watson's)
- moisturizing
- doesn't break me out

Cons:
- pack and mask does not remove any blackheads and other blemishes once peeled off

Now for the small tip! :) If you've read all throughout this post, then you've already read about this tip I'm about to share. It's nothing new. I just wanted to stress on this fact so I'm writing it here as a tip. 

TIP: Before using a peel off mask or a nose pore strip/ pack, be sure to dab on warm towel over the area so that your pores would be open and it would be easier for the oil build up to be removed as you peel off the product. This also plays the same mechanism as to when we get facials and they use steam to provide heat. Just make sure to test the temperature on your arm/hand first before you apply it on your face.

PS- I'm really sleepy right now but I'm just gonna go ahead and publish this post. This will probably give me a good laugh when I reread it tonight/tomorrow.



with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: