Thursday, April 7, 2016

Miss Age Snail Anti-Wrinkle Serum: Review

I won't lie. This product has been with me for quite some time. I got it from Memebox back in December 2014. I kept it for a while and started using the product last year and I completely forgot to do a review on it. I am not using it anymore but I still think this one deserves to be featured on this blog. This $53 worth serum definitely did some good to my skin, not as a facial serum though. How? Read on to find out. ;)



If you aren't aware what a serum is, it is basically a skin care product comparable to essences and ampoules. Usually, serums are applied right after toner, before your cream or moisturizer. Of course, it depends on how many products you use on your face but usually, that is the case. It is an added step to ensure that product benefits sink deep into your skin.


Miss Age Snail Anti-Wrinkle Serum comes in a tinted glass bottle with a dropper applicator. To be honest, I like this kind of packaging when it comes to serums because I feel like some sort of chemist when I see droppers like these. Of course, I'm not saying chemists are the only ones that uses these kind of dispensers but you know what I mean.
 

The bottle contains 50ml of thick, almost goopy product. Initially, I used it in between my toner and moisturizer day and night. I was hoping the addition of this product would help me 'preserve' my 'youthful' looking skin. This was until I realized that this is actually too moisturizing for my skin type which led me to use it only at night. Eventually, I had to stop using my moisturizer (at night) when using this product. It works so well, don't get me wrong. Whenever I would wake up from a good night's sleep, I can see that my skin looks supple and nice. However, I also feel like it's a little too much on my oily acne prone skin.

After a few weeks of usage, I completely stopped using it and went back to my original skin care routine. I was sad, of course, but I couldn't risk using it a lot because I was afraid I would break out.

A couple of months ago, I used my THEFACESHOP Backryuncho Wrinkle Stop Eye Cream. That product is my ultimate favorite eye cream. I tried replacing it with a different highly raved eye cream (review will be up ASAP). The transition wasn't enjoyable. I missed my Wrinkle Stop Eye Cream terribly and I regretted attempting to change from that particular product. The struggle, however, was finding my holy grail eye cream. It was out of stock from the nearby THEFACESHOP boutiques here and I didn't want to buy a different eye cream. This gave me a brilliant idea.

I got my Miss Age Snail Anti-Wrinkle Serum out of my storage box and used it all over again. This time, I only used it under my eyes as an eye serum! Lo and behold, it performed even better than the recent eye cream that I bought. It really made my undereye well moisturized. I'd say it's almost as good as THEFACESHOP eye cream, only the eye cream's effects last on me a little bit longer. Despite that, I can say that this serum really helped me during the phase when I couldn't find my favorite eye cream and I can only imagine how great this serum would be when used by someone with a dry skin type.

Right now, I already have my holy grail eye cream so I stopped using the product again. I gave it to my mom, though, and she's been loving it ever since. This is a very good product and I would highly recommend it. If you're worried about the "snail" part of this skin care, don't be. You won't observe any snail properties in the product. In fact, you wouldn't know it's made out og snail secretions if they didn't advertise it that way. It feels and smells just like any other skin care product, maybe even better. :)

With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: