Saturday, April 2, 2016

THEFACESHOP Lovely me:ex You & Face Blusher (01 Pink Glow): Review

Strobing is in, definitely. However, not everyone is into loud highlighting. If you want a highlighted look without looking overdone, I've got the perfect product for you. What's great about it is it's super affordable!


Before my 6-day trip in South Korea ended, I did some shopping inside the airport and stumbed upon THEFACESHOP. There was an ongoing sale and I couldn't help but look through the products.

At first, I was disappointed. I couldn't find things that I needed but because I've always been the kind of person to keep on looking around just in case something worth it turns up, I was able to spot this baby. Now, I've been using this a lot whenever I can.
 

I got this for under 3USD, which is so affordable. I think the original price is under 5USD so it's still quite affordable. In the Philippines, I believe this is priced at PHP350, which is not bad at all.


At first, I was hesitant about the shade since I have a medium light skin tone. I thought gold highlighters would look better on me. I've never tried highlighters before so I really didn't know what to make of it. 


After swatching it on the back of my hand, however, I realized the color is not that bad on me. In fact, I felt that it's something that would actually work on me. 


After using it on my face, I can say that this particular product really does help in brightening the whole face. As pictured below, I used it on my Prom Makeup Look and I can say that a touch of this product really completed the look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F730votcgGc
Click on the photo for a tutorial on this look

Now, I can't seem to leave the house without dabbing this onto the high points of my face. The shine doesn't last that long, I'd say 3 hours maximum but by that time, my natural oils would take its place so I really don't mind that it disappears after a while.

I am pretty sure, however, that it would stay longer on dry skin. I highly recommend this product. It is the perfect starter highlighter for those who haven't tried strobing before. It isn't too loud and makes room for mistakes. THEFACESHOP is available in the Philippines so you can definitely get this in stores nationwide.

 With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: