Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Colourette Creamy Matte Colourstick: Review + Swatches

I found out about Colourette through facebook. What caught my eye is Lilymaymac's photo. If you didn't know, Lilymaymac is instagram famous. Her beauty really captured my attention. Because of that, I browsed through the page to see what products they offer.

I saw a lot of photos about Colourette Creamy Matte Coloursticks and saw all the gorgeous shades they offer. This is what made me research as to where I can find a physical store where I can test the product out.

I saw that they had a dealer with physical store in Festival Mall Alabang so I made sure to look for the store when I went there. I got the one in the shade Sahara, a very nice nude that reminds me of the ever-so-popular Kylie Jenner trend. This is also one of Lilymaymac's go-to shades.




PACKAGING

Colourette Creamy Matte Coloursticks are packaged in plastic and really reminds me of Inglot lipsticks. If you look at my video review which will be linked below, you can see the similarities of the two. For a local lipstick, I think the design is pretty good. It's not as luxurious as the feel of Inglot lipstick but for its price, it is good enough. I particularly its chic black design. When I first saw it, I honestly didn't know it was a local brand.


FINISH

This particular line has a creamy matte finish. But then again, what does that exactly mean? I can describe it as a lipstick of almost-satin finish. It is definitely not matte. You can even see a bit of a sheen although I wouldn't necessarily call it 'gloss'. The creamy texture helps keep the moisture on the lips and prevent it from being dry.



COLOR

As I've said above, this is a nice warm nude shade that really reminds me of the ever-so-popular Kylie Jenner trend. It is quite pigmented even with just one swipe.


 Single Swipe Swatches
Single Swipe Swatches

PERFORMANCE

This is a PHP499 worth of lipstick. It is pretty good, if you ask me. It is quite pigmented and yes, it leaves a stain. It also doesn't leave my lips dry. However, for my budget, it is a little pricey.


Overall, this is a good product and I would recommend that you try it out especially if the price is right for you. For a more detailed video review, click on the photo below for my first impressions on this product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGy8awq-0Dk

With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: