Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Permed Hair Necessities: My List

Today's post will be all about hair. Not just any hair, though. I'm talking about permed hair. If you've read my previous post regarding my traditional perm care of Bench Fix, then you'd know that I now sport curly hair.

Curly hair is supposed to be low maintenance. For one, you don't comb your hair. Not because you're lazy, but because you're not allowed to. Combing the hair frizzes permed hair and ruins the curls altogether. But do take note that the "low maintenance" claim is purely subjective.


I, for one, do not find my curled hair low maintenance. I do a lot of things for my hair right now than when I had my naturally straight hair. And to accomplish these things, I need particular products to keep my perm looking nice.
Some of the products I use are pictured below. I will be including a short description for all but if you want a more in depth review, make sure to comment down below so I can put it in priority.
1. Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Shampoo and Conditioner
According to people, having shampoo designated for curly hair makes a difference. It helps not to weigh down curls and keep it bouncy. I use this everyday.

2. TRESemme Keratin Smooth Hair Treatment
Because my hair was subjected to two perming sessions (story here), chemicals slightly damaged my hair. I use this particular product as treatment twice a week in replacement of my conditioner.

3. Clinique Wide Tooth Comb
This kind of comb is the one suggested by my stylist. Although combing is discouraged, you still have to comb your hair through every once in a while to keep it from getting tangled. The thing to consider is that your hair must be wet, with conditioner or treatment and that your tool must be wide toothed. I do this 2-3 times a week. Other times, I just use my fingers.

4. Monea Curling Defining Milk Lotion
This helps manage my hair sans the expensive mousse prices. If you're just staying home or just going some place nearby, I find that using mousse is impractical so I just use this one. It's a lot cheaper than mousse.

5. Suave Captivating Curls Whipped Cream Mousse
When I go out, I use this to tame my hair. It works well and smells great too!

So far, these 5 things help maintain my curled hair. I will try to review some products one by one for a more in depth documentation of my thoughts on each of them but if you want one product to be prioritized, let me know in the comment section below.

Have you tried having your hair permed before? What were some of the products you used for your usual hair routine? Comment down below and let me know! :)

With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: