Thursday, December 11, 2014

Suave Captivating Curls Whipped Cream Mousse: Review


After having my hair permed, I can never leave the house without applying mousse on my hair. Trust me, it makes a difference.



Whoever said that having permed hair means having low maintenance hair (just because you don't comb your hair) is so wrong. When I had straight hair, I can literally get out of the shower, hand comb my hair, let it air dry and I know it would look presentable to the public. Now that I have permed hair, I have to do a lot of 'ceremonies' before heading out of the house.



I stumbled upon this whipped cream mousse and decided to buy it because honestly, it's the only brand I found trust worthy enough in my local super market. Originally, I wanted the Finesse mousse (which I will be reviewing in the future) because it's what my stylist recommended me to get. It was unavailable so I had to settle for this one. Priced at PHP274.75, I told myself, "Why not?".


It promises softly defined curls with natural movement but frankly speaking, I didn't care. I just wanted a product that would tame my permed hair. You see, without product, my hair just looks like a damaged mess. (I'll post a photo below.)
 

This is the nozzle that dispenses the product. When they said whipped cream mousse, they weren't kidding. The product really dispenses thick whipped cream mousse.

Here's a look on my bushy, messy permed hair without any product. Oh, and I'm begging you not to judge. Haha!

See? It looks messy! It keeps me from leaving the house!

After applying the product on semi-damp hair, my hair turns into a nice looking permed hair. It looks so nice, it makes me forget how ugly my hair looked like before application.






As you can see, there is a big difference. The best part about this is that this particular product smells nothing like hair styling products. It smells almost fruity, I love it! It leaves my hair smelling great all day. :)

The only con I can think of is that after about a month, I ruined my nozzle (Don't ask me how. I don't know.) and it has now stopped dispensing product even though I can still feel a lot of product whenever I shake the bottle. I'm not sure if it's only specific to this product I bought but do let me know if you have similar experience to this in the comment section below.

Over all, I am in love with this product. In fact, out of all the mousse products I have right now, this remains as my favorite. I know I bought this by chance but it ended up being the best for me. I highly recommend this product. It's locally available in department stores, supermarkets and drug stores.
With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: