Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Kate Tokyo Eyebrow Mascara (BR-1): Review


So normally, I would start my blog by writing an introduction regarding the product I'll be reviewing but because today is a special day for one of my greatest friends, I would like to start this particular post differently. To be more precise, I'd start it by sending her wishes on her day of birth. Happy birthday Gel! I've known you practically my whole life and I just can't imagine life without your bubbly personality. I wish that you get everything that you wish for today and more. :)


So here's my review proper... One of my pet peeves includes ungroomed brows. Frankly speaking, I'm not super particular with this. One can have several stray brow strands from time to time and it totally wouldn't bother me at all. What I can't stand is bushy brows. For some reason, I don't understand why the windows to our souls must be framed by a thick presence of unnecessary hair. Thus, I try to make it a point that I clean up my brows from time to time and I make an appointment with waxing salons for a good threading session once a month.


 The applicator

Of course, having it cleaned and shaped is not enough when I go out. I have to redefine my brows just because I feel that my makeup isn't complete without it. Aside from filling it in with brow powder or a brow pencil, I also make it a point that I set my brows in place using a brow mascara.

 Darker shade for a change: BR-1

Up until last month, I've been fond of using light brown eyebrow mascaras. These days, however, I tend to go for a brow mascara that's a little bit darker. It's still lighter than my natural eyebrows, though. I use the one from Kate Tokyo.

 Here's a swatch for reference

If you didn't already know, Kate Tokyo is a Japanese brand. They offer a wide variety of cosmetics ranging from foundations, eye shadows, eyeliners, etc. The brand is already available in the Philippines in several Watsons branches. I got mine from SM Watsons Makati. Well, technically, I asked my sister to get it because she drops by Makati more often than me.

 On me: Kate Tokyo Eyebrow Mascara over THEFACESHOP Brow Powder Duo

Performance wise, I feel that this mascara isn't anything different from the previous ones I've tried. They help keep brow hair in place for the whole day and it coats the brows with a shade of brown. The only difference is that this is a little bit darker than the shades I've used before.

When I first got it, I didn't use it much because I significantly lightened my hair color and light brown brow mascaras matched my hair better. These days, however, I've been more into simple makeup with bold lips (hot pink) and I find that having brows that are a little bit darker would help define the brows and support strong lip colors.

Over all, I'm very satisfied with this product. It's a little bit pricier than the brow mascaras I've tried from other brands (PHP510) but it's not pricey to the point that it would burr holes in your pockets. If you've been meaning to try brow mascaras, especially from a Japanese brand, I would highly recommend that you try out Kate Tokyo. For more information, feel free to visit their facebook page.

Note: This is not sponsored. I bought this with my own money.

with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: