Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Clinique All About Eyes: Review


When should one start applying eye cream? In their 20s? 30s? That is the question. After reading through several articles, it is said and agreed upon by many different dermatologists that eye cream isn't necessary in the 20s unless you have dry skin. Otherwise, they just promote sun protection.

I am in my mid-20s and I've been using eye creams for about 5 years now. I also have oily skin. Does that mean I've been doing my routine wrong all this time? Not necessarily. Although experts say that most people don't need it in this period of time, there are still exceptions to the rule. In my case, I started noticing dryness under my eyes at the young age of 21. Dryness leads to fine lines. Who wants that? I know I don't. This pushed me to start with eye cream.




Experts say that the undereye area must be kept hydrated to keep it moist and free from signs of aging. One product that I can recommend as a starter for people who just wants a basic under eye moisturizer would be this eye cream from Clinique.

I got this eye cream as part of a set that was sent to be by my aunt. (Thanks Tita!) I was really excited to try it out because Clinique is a good brand trusted by many. I wanted to see if this very product would end my under eye problems.

All About Eyes cream is a gel-like under eye cream that really hydrates the skin. It doesn't feel sticky at all and I can really feel it plump some hollowness in my eyes. I like that it doesn't feel too heavy on the skin and I feel comfortable using it under eye makeup.

But does it work on eye puffiness? Yes, a little bit. I noticed that my eye bags lessened a bit after using this. How about dark circles? I'm not really sure because I don't feel that this is really my area of concern. Fine lines? Not so much. I started using this when I had some fine lines peeping through and I honestly did not see any improvement on that problem.

So would I recommend it? The answer's still a yes. Although it did nothing for my fine lines, I still think this is a good eye cream starter for individuals who just started noticing dryness in the under eye area. Just note that this is not recommended for people who already have fine lines. For that, I would recommend a different eye cream. But just as I've said, if you're just looking for a good eye cream to keep your eye area moist, then this is definitely the product for you.
with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: