Friday, September 26, 2014

Sephora Sunset Palette: Review


One of my most abused beauty item this month would have to be my Sephora Sunset Palette, a product that I got almost a year ago. It is the only Sephora item in my collection and even though I had no intention of overusing it this month, I kind of did.

 The palette itself is contained in a transparent plastic box.

I always try to switch out makeup products as much as I can because I want every single item in my collection to be used as frequently as possible. But of course, time and time again, there would be several products that stand out in a certain time period. This month, it's this.

 Just like its name, the packaging is in sunset colors.

I mainly got this palette for my trip last year (December 2013) in Japan. While I was browsing through e-bay, I saw this product being sold at a very affordable price. I looked at the shades and without so much contemplation, I bought it. I thought it would be the perfect travel palette as it contains 14 beautiful wearable shades that can be used both for day and night. What's even better is that it includes a blush, a bronzer and a nice mirror, aside from 12 great eyeshadows.

I was really excited when I placed my order because I've never seen actual Sephora products in real life. I've heard of the brand a couple of times from different beauty gurus I was following so you can just imagine how excited I was at getting a hold of the product.

The palette comes in a handy packaging that is almost just the same size as my hand. It comprises of a combination of matte and shimmery eyeshadows, and of neutral and colored ones. There's also a (very) pigmented bronzer and a (not-so-pigmented) blusher.


For reference, each of the shade are labeled at the back of the palette so it's easy to say which is which.


But of course, it is never enough to just stare at their photos in the pan. An eyeshadow review must have swatches, right? I've swatched each and every single one of them just so you have a better grasp of how the product looks like when used.

 (L-R: Beige, Apricot, Deep Burgundy, Pale Pink, Wine, Violet)
 (L-R: White Gold, Bronze, Khaki, White Shimmer, Silver, Must Have No.6)
 (Blush and Bronzer)

I am very satisfied with this product. Almost all the shades are pigmented. True to my expectations, it is a good palette to bring with you when you travel.

This is a highly recommended product. If you're just starting out with makeup, I suggest you get this palette as it will have all the necessary colors to create a wide range of looks and it doesn't take much space as it's very compact.
with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: