Friday, September 19, 2014

Etude House Bling in the Sea Proof 10 Bling Eye Stick (#05 Bling Wave): Review


It's time for another Korean trend post/review. One of the popular trends in Korea nowadays is creating/highlighting one's aegyosal. If you didn't already know, aegyosal is the bag that forms under your eyes when you smile. They believe that highlighting this area makes one look youthful. A good product to make use for this, in my opinion, would be eyeshadow sticks like the Etude House Bling Bling Eye Stick I previously reviewed. But for a more subtle aegyosal definition, I like to use this Bling in the Sea Proof 10 Bling Eye Stick in #05 BL601 Bling Wave.



I've actually had this product with me for a year now. It was given to me as gift by a good friend of mine, (Ma'am) EJ. (Thank you!) She was my manager and one of the few people at work who also liked Korean cosmetics. You can only imagine my excitement when she handed me this product when I came back from my birthday leave last year. I don't really know why it took me so long to post a review on it.




Anyway, it's very much reminiscent of the Bling Bling Eye Stick I previously reviewed. With almost the same packaging (this one is slightly bigger), they both function as an eyeshadow stick. This one, however, is just a white stick with bits of bluish purple glitters in it. Also, I personally like this packaging better because it looks girlier with the pastel blue color.

One swipe
2-3 swipes

To be honest, I didn't know how to use it properly the first time I used it so noone noticed its presence on my lids. If you're gonna use it for your aegyosal, most people won't notice it unless you really pack it on, which I often do. It just leaves a nice shimmery touch on the bottom lids that makes people nearby notice and take a second look.


A better way to make use of the product is by layering it on top of a smudgeproof eyeliner. I prefer using liquid liners as gels and pencils stains and transfers to the the actual shadow stick. Since I always use it on top of a black eyeliner, the glitters stand out and becomes a lot more noticeable while still being wearable.

It could be because it's a cream form or maybe just because it's glittery, it is quite long wearing as I don't feel the need to reapply during the rest of the day. This is a good thing especially since I have oily lids and most products just tend to slide off my lids over time.

It's also very easy to use because it's in a stick form so you save a lot of time during the application process. So yes, no need for brushes! ^^

If you're looking for a nice, straight to the point, subtle eye makeup accent, then I definitely recommend this one from Etude House. For more information, you can like their Etude House Philippines' facebook page over here.
with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: