Monday, February 9, 2015

Very Light Ash Blonde Hair Color Experience

Ever since I started coloring my hair back in college junior year, I just can't get enough of coloring my hair. Don't get me wrong. I'm not, at all, addicted to it. I only color my hair twice to three times a year, max. It's just that many people have told me I look better with lighter hair so whenever my roots start to be unforgiving, I try my best to color my hair with at least a light brown shade.

Late last year, however, I had this desire to color my hair red. Of course, before going through that, I did my research and most succesfful people who've tried to DIY coloring their hair red started with light colored hair. I personally already had light brown hair from coloring my hair with Liese Prettia Milk Tea Brown in the earlier part of the year but my roots have grown so much, I just had to retouch on them.


I decided to get a very light ash blonde hair dye from a local boutique and basically tried to just color my roots. I left it for about 15-20 minutes. In the end, I failed. After rinsing the hair dye on my roots, it turned out that my roots were already lighter than the ends of my hair so I had to color the ends as well.

I didn't want to color it, though. This is because perming has already damaged my hair so I didn't want to damage it further with chemicals. However, my hate for uneven hair color won over so I gave in and applied the dye on the ends. I just made sure to leave the dye on for the shortest time possible and I kept track on how light my hair was turning out. After 5 minutes, I was satisfied with how everything looked so I rinsed it off.

You can watch my youtube video to see the process on how I got to lighten my hair color to that state. I would like to apologize, though, for not fixing my hair. It looked bushy because I didn't apply and styling products on it. I didn't feel the need to because I wasn't going out that day so I just kept it in its natural state. I hope you don't mind, though.


Personally, I liked how my hair turned out to be. My mom liked it too. We liked it so much, I decided not to push through with coloring my hair red. So as of writing, I still have the same hair color (although this was filmed in late November). The problem, however, is that I now have the same desire to get reddish hair. Hmmm... What should I do?

Anyway, what are your thoughts on my hair color? Yay? Or nay? Let me know in the comment section below. :)


With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: