Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Visee Single Eyeshadow in SV006: Review


Hi guys! Today's post is just a simple swatch + mini review of a product that I had lying around my makeup drawer for months (maybe even for a year) without being touched. Of course, I didn't plan it that way. It just happened. :p


As mentioned in the post title, I will be talking about the Visee single eyeshadow in the shade SV006. I believe this is a Japanese brand as the packaging had Japanese writings in it. Correct me if I'm wrong, though... I got this from Jasmine as a prize for one of her youtube contests a while ago. It was kept at the very back of my makeup drawer so I hardly got to use it. Recently, after cleaning my makeup drawer, I took notice of it and now I'm finally making a review on it.


In the pan, this particular eye shadow looks a bit greyish with a hint of silver in it.  One can immediately tell that this eyeshadow isn't going to be matte. At first, I thought it was going to be glittery but after swatching, I found that is not the case.


As expected, the eyeshadow isn't matte but isn't glittery either. I'd say it has a hint of shimmer in it but not as much as I expected it to be. This particular shade is good for people who like to use a light shimmery shade to brighten up the inner corners of their eyes.

Personally, I find that using this eyeshadow for that purpose isn't flattering on me so I like to place this on top of other eyeshadows just to give my eyes a bit of light reflecting qualities.

 Swatch

I don't know if you can tell from the swatch above but this eyeshadow is a little on the gritty powdery side so there might be fall outs here and there when packing it on. However, since I only dust it lightly on my eyelids for extra shimmer, I don't have any problems with it.

I really don't know where this particular product can be purchased. If you have any idea, don't forget to drop a comment below so we can help each other.

In summary, I find that this eyeshadow is a nice addition to my collection but it isn't really a necessary purchase (as evidenced by having it collect dust in my drawer for over a year). On the other hand, like I said, if greyish silvery shade compliments your skin tone, this is a good product to use for highlighting the inner corner of the eyes and aegyosal. :)

With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: