Sunday, February 1, 2015

Monea Curl Defining Milk: Review

HELLOOOOOO FEBRUARY!!! I can't believe January is over but the calendar doesn't lie. It really is the second month of the year. Time flies... How was your January? If you ask me, it was uneventful. The only new thing that happened in my life is that I started teaching english to Japanese students. Other than that, I've been doing nothing but blogging and youtubing.

Having permed hair is not only a tedious job, it can also be expensive. When I had straight hair, I didn't put anything on my hair after drying. I can go out without any product on my hair. These days, however, I have to apply something to define my curls and make it not look bushy. Most of the time, it's a hair mousse. Sometimes, however, I go for the cheaper alternative, the Monea Curl Defining Milk.


On days when I just stay at home and a friend would quickly drop by for a visit or if I just have to head out to the nearest drug store, I feel that using mousse can be a little too much. True, mousse won't empty my wallet out but sometimes, I just need a valid reason to actually put it on my hair. When I can't find one, I use this instead. It just costs PHP99 so I know I'm not wasting money on trying to look decent for just a few minutes.

 Before (Sorry for my blemish marks.)

Without styling products, my hair seems to look bushy and the dryness is very much accentuated. If I'm just staying home, I do nothing and just claim the Hermione Granger look. But, of course, there are moments when I need to quickly make myself presentable.


The Monea Curl Defining Milk Lotion is very easy to use. It comes in a simple white bottle with pink label. The product consistency is very much like a regular lotion. I just get an ample amount on my hand, rub my palms together and I just carefully apply it while scrunching my hair upwards to redefine the curls.I do this when my hair is still slightly damp.


If too much product is applied, hair can be  a little clumpy. With moderation, it looks almost as good as when you use mousse. Of course, using mousse keeps the style for a longer period of time but I personally do not mind. Here's how my hair looks after using the product:


I would highly recommend this product for people who've had their hair permed or for thos who just naturally has curls. I got this from Watsons but it is also available in supermarkets and leading department stores.

Have you tried this product before? Let me know in the comment section below.
With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: