Thursday, August 7, 2014

Koji Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner: Review


Because today is a special day, I wanted to review a product that I really really like. When I found out that my brother was treating me to a trip to Japan, I swore to myself that I would get this particular product no matter what happens.

I've always seen this particular item being used by a lot of beauty gurus I'm subscribed to in youtube. It really seemed like a high performing product with so many raves and reviews. When I entered Donki in Akihabara, I was crossing my fingers in hope that Dolly Wink is available there. Thankfully, it was! The catch? There were several products that were in promotional packages. (To be honest, I'm not sure if they're promotional packages but it looked that way to me.) This very product is in one. It was packed with a mascara for the price of 1575 yen, which is a good deal. When I saw it, I immediately grabbed it.


I haven't used the mascara yet but I've been using the eyeliner for a couple of months now and so far, I've been loving it! I used this as a replacement for my lost K-Palette eyeliner (to be reviewed soon). It is, in my opinion, equally effective as the K-Palette but with the advantage of cute packaging. Oh, and did I mention this is produced by the famous model, Tsubasa Masuwaka (pictured in the set)?



If I'm not mistaken, Dolly Wink eyeliner usually come in pink packaging but since this is a part of a set, it's packaged differently. The outer cover is in red with gold writings and designs. Although pink is my favorite color, I personally like this design.


It's a pen type liquid eyeliner so you definitely have good control with the product. You can hold it the way you hold a regular pen which is advantageous when maneuvering the pen to create lines.

It also has a fine tip that helps you create defined lines, perfect for winging out your liner. It's very pigmented as one stroke delivers a very black line. It glides smoothly and I have no difficulty using this product. It doesn't smear and is not easily smudged. I'm not sure if it's waterproof but it stays put on my oily lids for the whole day.

 One stroke

This is my eyeliner of choice whenever I try to recreate K-Pop looks or just simply when I want some definition on my eyes. I would highly recommend this product to everyone out there. Lucky for my Filipino readers, Dolly Wink is already available here in the Philippines. Feel free to visit their facebook page and their online shop for more information.

Note: This is not sponsored.

with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: