Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil: Review


Okay, I admit it. I won't even try to sugarcoat things. I've been lazy. Period. These past few days, I just wasn't in the mood to blog. I've been doing a lot of reading (pocketbooks) and I just forgot about my online duties. To my surprise, I've already missed two posts for this week. It could be because it's my birth week so I'm feeling particularly extra lazy these days but nevertheless, I intend to make up for the two posts I's missed.


Today, I will be reviewing this Tea Tree Oil from The Body Shop. Acne prone skinned readers may find this post a delight since this very product is targeted for them.

Flashback to two years ago may prove that I was (or am) one of the thriftiest person alive. Originally priced at PHP 565 (taken from other beauty blogs), this little bottle didn't receive much of a look from me no matter how well raved it is. I'm sorry but my wallet just can't shell out PHP 565 for a 10ml bottle of solution. Good thing I stumbled upon this product while strolling around Greenbelt while it was on sale. I forgot the exact price but I'm pretty sure it didn't exceed PHP 350 hence my decision to purchase.

The Body Shop claims it sells one bottle every 8 seconds. Wow!
 Expires 12 months after opening

Even if you tell yourself not to have too much expectations on a product, it's really hard to do especially when a product is well talked about online and you've seen many rave reviews regarding it. Good thing The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil doesn't disappoint.

Packaged in a small bottle, this 10 ml solution gives relief to red and swollen pimples. It may not be the product of choice for cystic acne, in my opinion, but this product is good for mild to moderate breakouts. It's not a miracle bottle where your acne dries up overnight. No, that is not the case. But give it 3-4 days, and your problem areas will be taken care of.

It's oil based so expect a little bit of greasy texture. Don't worry, it still gets absorbed into the skin after some time. It has a pretty strong smell too but it doesn't linger on for hours so don't fret.

The best thing about this product is it doesn't leave dark marks (hyperpigmentations) once your pimple dries up. The only down side is the packaging is literally hard to work with. I don't have a photo of the opening but somehow, it's hard to get the product out but at the same time, it's hard to control the amount of product it dispenses if you're not careful enough.

So do I recommend it? Well, personally, I bought this very product twice (on sale), after being satisfied with the results. I haven't had the chance, though, to repurchase since.

This is a good alternative to people who are struggling with acne but is hypersensitive to benzoyl peroxide (like me) or salicylic acid. For more information on the product, feel free to check out The Body Shop Philippines facebook page.
with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: