Friday, August 15, 2014

Chromastix Hair Chalk Neons: Review


I don't know about you but something that I've always wanted to do but never had the guts to do so is to color my hair with bold colors like blue and pink. No, I'm not trying to be rebellious or anything but ever since the ombre trend surfaced all over, I've always been curious as to how I would look like if I had a nice ombre with a bright color.

Thankfully, I don't have to dye my hair permanently just to try it out. I mean, even if I had the chance, I probably wouldn't permanently dye my hair with those colors. No offense to people who sports bright colored hair though. I think you, guys, are cool for having enough confidence to rock them. (The only reason why I wouldn't go for it is because I don't have the courage to do so.)


It's been a year since I found out about hair chalks and I've always been curious about the product but I never got one for myself just because back then, only BYS had hair chalks in my local drugstore and they never stock on the color I want (which is pink) so I never bought one. I know Tony Moly has one but during that time, the hair chalk line wasn't released in the Philippines yet.

A few days before my birthday, however, I came across this very affordable hair chalk set from Chromastix. I thought I overcame my urge to buy a hair chalk but when I looked at the price, I was so surprised to see that it was fairly cheap at PHP99.


And so I looked through the collection of colors and I noticed that this particular set had all the Red Velvet (K-Pop girl group) hair colors in it which are green, orange, blue and pink. This pushed me to buy the product so I can do a hair and make-up tutorial for their debut song called "Happiness".



 I love all the colors in this set: green, orange, blue, purple, yellow and pink

Instructions 

To view how I used the hair chalk, I made a short tutorial on my youtube channel. It's in my Red Velvet Happines Hair and Makeup Look video. Just click the click to open the said video. For your reference, the demo starts at around the 3:14 mark.

Honestly, the hair chalk didn't do as well as I thought it would. It wasn't as pigmented as the other brands I've seen over the internet but it still works and I guess for the price, I really can't complain.

 A photo of me with the hair chalk on the ends of my hair. I used the blue one.

Just a reminder to everyone who's thinking of using this product, make sure to wear a shirt that you don't really care for while coloring your hair because it transfers onto clothing materials really easily. The good news is that it washes off quickly too. I just wouldn't want you to ruin the very same shirt/ dress that you were planning to wear outside so I suggest you wear a temporary top prior to using this.

Apparently, I broke the blue one while using it. Haha.

So would I recommend it? Yes, sure! I don't see any reason why one should not try it. I think it's fun and a very affordable way to try out a new look, or shall I say new hair color. :)
with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: