Thursday, August 28, 2014

THEFACESHOP Rice Water Bright Cleansing Water: Review


I don't exactly recall what drove me to buy this cleansing water from The Face Shop. I'm guessing I came across a review, went to the boutique and had a good saleslady talk me into getting it. Well, actually, the good saleslady bit is the part that I'm sure of. She convinced me to get it because she said cleansing waters are better for oily skinned people. I'm not really sure if it is true but during that time, refusal was not an option so I gave in and bought one. Of course, I used my Bench card for some points. (Just a tip for those who didn't know they can use their Bench card for The Face Shop boutiques. I know there's a sign right at the counter but not everyone takes notice so I'm taking the time to type it down. ^^)


Rice water is a natural ingredient known for its whitening properties. Hence, the "Bright" in its product name. During that time, I had so much acne scars that I felt the need to buy a makeup remover that can brighten my skin on top of the whitening/ acne scar fading products I was using as part of my skin care.


Sadly, however, after finishing the whole bottle I really didn't see any revolutionary brightening effect on my skin. I'm not sure if it was just too gradual for me to notice but really, I didn't think it gave drastic results (if it did have any).


What I like about this product, aside from the brand (because I am a The Face Shop skin care lover), is the fact that it has a pump. I don't know about you but when a product has a pump, it's already halfway into convincing me it's worth buying.


As the name implies, the product is very watery. Well, maybe a little more viscous than water per se but definitely drippy. I used to pump an ample amount onto the palm of my hands and lather it onto my face without the use of a cotton ball. This is another thing that I like about the product. It conserves cotton balls/pads. After lathering, I just directly wash my face using my usual facial soap and I'm done with double cleansing.

The only problem with this is that I can only use this on days when I don't use waterproof mascara because it's not ideal for that. For other types of cosmetics, eyeliners included, this proves to be good enough to be used.

I was able to finish it until it was all used up but I didn't repurchase it because I didn't really find its results to be mind blowing that I needed a second bottle. So the question is, would I recommend it? Hmmm, not really for people like me who likes to play with makeup from time to time and for people who can only depend on waterproof mascaras. But if you're a person who just enjoys light makeup and wants a very mild makeup remover, then this is the product for you.

It is available in The Face Shop boutiques. I bought mine in Glorietta but for more information, you can visit their facebook page here.
with love, Anna Luisa

2 comments:

Shayne♥ said...

it serves the same purpose as the color tattoos i think :) im planning on getting this too anna but probably in blue & purple, so super thanks for the ebay link! its much more expensive from the store that im eying!

Uisa said...

I guess it does but this is in a powder form. Your welcome! There's a lot of cheap(er) stuff over at ebay. I think the same seller still has it in purple. :)