Thursday, December 24, 2015

EB Advance Liquid Lipstick: Review + Swatches

Before anything else, I would love to greet you all a Merry Christmas! Today marks a really exciting day in the calendar. Well, at least for me it is. Aside from it being Christmas eve, it is also one of my closest friend's birthday. So in line with that, let me take this opportunity to greet her. Happy Birthday Lyle! I will be dropping by to visit you later. ;)

Enough with the greetings, let us now move on to the review proper. Let me be real with you. I've never been more excited with a release of a specific local product than now. Ever since Ever Bilena posted a photo of their liquid lipsticks, I've been going back and forth to the nearest Watsons and Ever Bilena counters to check if they already have it and it was only until last weekend when I saw them.



When I saw it, I was super excited. How excited? Well, this vlog will explain it better than me. I swatched every single shade in the counter at the back of my hand and below is a close look at it.

Shades from L to R: Spring Debutante, Rose Champagne, Pink Pearl, Fire Opal, Rich Vino, Soft Lace

I was eyeing on Rich Vino because it's the darkest wearable shade I've seen from a local brand so I tried it on my lips. I was also with my friend and she tried Pink Pearl. We were both really impressed with the product and decided to buy one. I ended up getting Soft Lace instead, though.

I did a video review of this particular product on my youtube channel so you can see how it actually wears on me.

That was the first time I tried the shade Soft Lace and once again, I was very impressed. After trying the product out for a couple of times, I am now ready give you my final thoughts on the EB Advance liquid lipstick.


PACKAGING
Like I said during my first impression, EB really stepped up their game on this one as the packaging looks really nice and handy, comparable to the Maybelline Velvet Matte Lipsticks. It also has a doe foot applicator which helps me from making mistakes during application.

 Soft Lace on my lips

APPLICATION
One personal struggle that I encounter with liquid lipsticks is that I find it hard to apply. For some reason, I am always scared of making mistakes and even though I've already used this particular product several times already, the ease of application did not change. Yes, the applicator helped but the feeling that I have to slow down and be careful with it did not change. I always have to take extra time for this product. Oh, and if you are wondering, it doesn't have a scent. Other people claim it has a subtle one but I personally don't smell it.

FINISH
Initially, I thought this product would have a matte finish but upon trying it out, I find that this has a cream finish. You would think that it would set to a matte after some time but even after an hour, the finish remains the same, unless you blot it with a tissue paper, which will, of course, mattify it. It also feels heavy on the lips until the 20 minute mark when you finally feel the lip color set on your lips.

One swipe of their lightest shade, Soft Lace

COLOR
Even though I got the lightest shade from the collection, it was simply as pigmented as the darker shades. I was really pleased with it as you only have to dip you applicator once to cover your upper and lower lip. It is also as vibrant as the color that you see on the packaging.

PERFORMANCE
This product applies opaquely on the lips but it is not transfer proof, especially if you leave the cream finish on. The transfer lessens after blotting but that is only expected as you already have blotted the excess product on the tissue paper. One good thing to take note of, though, is that it leaves a stain on your lips despite eating and drinking so you will never have to worry about having nude lips at the end of the day.

Overall, I would say that I really liked this product. I would highly recommend it to anyone who can grab a hold of this product. I believe you get more than your money's worth. At only PHP180, you are sure to be delighted with this product. I know I am.

Have you also tried this product before? Let me know your thoughts on the comment section below. If you haven't, let me know which shade you are interested in trying.

With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: