Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Fashion 21 All Day (Russet) Matte Lipstick: Review

I have another lipstick review for you. Are you excited? Well, I am! Today's lipstick review is going to be on the Fashion 21 All Day Matte Lipstick and I got it in the shade of All Day Russet. I initially saw this on purpleheiress youtube channel and I originally wanted to purchase the All Day Bronze shade. However, it was sold out so I couldn't grab a hold of it.


This lipstick is very affordable at only PHP 175.00 and it is available in SM Department stores. I got mine in SM Sta. Rosa and out of all the shades available, I found All Day Russet to be the best.


 
I did a first impressions review on this product through a youtube video. You can check my channel out for the said video or you can just watch the embedded video below:


The rest of the review is going to be my final thoughts on the product after using it for a lot of times since I got it. Before anything else, below is how the product looks when worn.



PACKAGING


The packaging looks really nice. Because of its metallic gray purple outer covering, I find it hard to believe that this product is something from the local drugstore. Moreover, it doesn't only looks nice but it doesn't feel flimsy at all. A lot of people also compares this particular product to MAC lipsticks.

APPLICATION

Initially, the application wasn't as smooth. However, after removing the new film on the lipstick end, I find that it applies smoothly with no hassle. Even though I picked a red shade, I don't find myself stressing over making a mistake because I have full control with the product.

FINISH

The finish of this particular product is straight up matte. You don't need to wait for it to set because it does that instantly, which is good for people on the go. It also doesn't transfer as much.

COLOR


L: One Swipe; R: 2-3 Swipes

I had to swipe the lipstick on my lips to get the opacity that I want. In short, I was a little disappointed with the color pay off.

PERFORMANCE

It fades around 3-4 hours even without eating and definitely disappears after eating and drinking, which is a same because that means you have to constantly check if you still have product on your lips. It also doesn't leave a stain so I find that after it disappears, you really have to do a retouch.

Overall, I was happy with this purchase although the longer I use it, the more I get disappointed with its longevity. Initially, I gave this product a 4/5 rating but now that I have used it some more, I'd have to take .5 off the rating since the longevity is worse than I initially expected. I find myself doing retouch than most of my lip products, which is why I'm finally giving it a 3.5/5 rating.

I have to mention, on the other hand, that the color is very nice and I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. I also find my sister asking to borrow this product more often than any other lipstick I own.




With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: