Sunday, January 24, 2016

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence with BB: Review

Last December, I got a surprise package from the good people of Vibelle Corporation. I wasn't expecting anything from anyone so imagine my surprise when I saw a parcel addressed to me arrive. When I finally opened the package, I was extremely happy to see this goodness.




I have heard of Biore years ago and I've also encountered it when I travelled to Japan 2 years ago so when I saw that Biore is finally in the Philippines, I couldn't be any more excited. Initially, I thought this is just going to be a sunscreen with a light tint. More than being a BB, I thought it was more of a sunscreen. I was surprised to see it actually functions as a BB. :)

 Surprising thick consistency; Straight out of the tube

PACKAGING
As I mentioned just now, the packaging is a straight forward tube packaging. It's pretty good as you are able to control the amount of product you are going to dispense. Also, it's pink! For someone like me who likes pink, this is definitely a plus! :)

Semi-blended; Promising coverage

COLOR
I was happy to see that this has a yellow undertone, perfect for warm toned individuals like me. It only comes in one shade, though. So if you're a little on the tan side, it might be hard to make this product work for you.

Blended; Nice matte finish; Good light to medium coverage

COVERAGE
I was pleasantly surprised that it actually gives a good amount of coverage for everyday use. This is definitely not just a sunscreen, it is a BB! It has a good light to medium coverage even with just one layer. It is able to even out my skin tone and conceal some of my imperfections. However, it is not buildable as it tends to cake if you apply more than one layer.

 Not bad for flash photography, don't you think? Take note, it has SPF50 PA +++. :)

CONSISTENCY
It may come off as thick when initially dispensed. It is definitely not runny but it feels lightweight when blended properly. TIP: It is better blended with fingertips than beauty sponges.

 One layer
 Two layers. Notice the product buildup on the sides of my face.

FINISH
It has a matte finish. It's hard to find a matte bb cream in the market these days, which oily skinned individuals like me can use. This is a good example of that rare drugstore gem. No waiting time, it sets almost instantly with a matte finish. There is no need to set it with powder. It is also important to take note that even though it has a matte finish, it doesn't feel drying on the skin.

4 Hours on my face and still looking good

LASTING POWER
This particular product can withstand 6 hours of Philippine humid weather, with no setting powder or mist. It has good oil control and is able to keep makeup in place with no difficulty.

After trying it out a couple of times, I still think it's the perfect everyday base makeup. I would give it a 4-4.5/5 because it really performs well and to top things off, it is quite affordable at only PHP450. I would highly recommend this product to everyone out there.

NOTE: I was not paid to make this review nor was asked to say anything about the product. All opinions stated in this post are my own.

With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: