Thursday, January 15, 2015

Jane Be Pure Mineral Correcting Concealer (#61 Light): Review

 

I admit. I'm not the person to ask about concealing. For one, I do not conceal on a daily basis. Even if I have bad dark under eye circles and acne marks, I just rely on whatever coverage my BB cream has to offer to at least brighten up problematic areas. Last year, however, I decided to make a change. I tried integrating concealing into my everyday makeup. Because of that, I got this Be Pure Mineral Correcting Concealer from Jane when I saw it was on sale at ebay (forgot the seller, sorry).

There's not much review about this product (online) and frankly speaking, I had several options, some of which already had good reviews online. However, I still went with this so that I can make one and help other people who are contemplating on whether to get this or not.



I got this in the shade of #61 Light, I didn't know if it was any good for my skin tone but I just risked it. I figured if it's too light, I can just use the product as a highlighter.


The product came with a brush tip applicator that comes in handy for easy application. Since it's a brush, it can easily go through the sides of the nose and other small crevices of the face. The only con is that you can't apply it on really small areas (like small spots). I find that it dispenses too much product at the end and I can't dot it on specific areas. You can, however, just transfer the product onto the back of your hand and just use a separate concealer brush or just use your fingertips and blend the product out.


The first thing that I noticed upon dispensing the product was that it was a little bit thick. Since it's a click pen type of concealer, I thought the consistency was going to be a little liquidy. As you can see, it isn't liquidy at all.


When I swatched it, I realized that the product is a little lighter than my skin tone which works for brightening my under eye area. I wouldn't exactly say it's a chore to blend this product but since it's a little thicker than expected, it takes a little time to blend this product. Also, I have to set it quickly or it will settle into fine lines.


It comes in handy with correcting redness on the face on places with broken capillaries and does a decent job concealing hyper pigmentations. You would think that with a thick consistency, it will be able to conceal major imperfections but I find that is not the case with this product.

If your skin isn't all that problematic (meaning you don't have bumps and deep scars), I think this can be a good all around concealing product as you can use it to both brighten the under eye area and do some light concealing on minor imperfections. If you, however, have problematic skin, I suggest you just skip on this and purchase a different concealer.

So for the verdict, will I purchase it again? Probably not. Sad to say, I don't have nice skin most of the time. I need a concealer that will actually hide bumps and acne scars and this isn't the one for me. But to say that this is not a recommended product is too much. It does the job pretty well for its main purpose. It's a correcting concealer after all. I guess you just have to consider what skin type you have before purchasing this product.

What are your thoughts on this product? Could this be your holy grail concealer? If not, which one is? Let me know in the comment section below. :)
With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: