Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Current Skin Care Routine: Combination Oily Skin


Hi guys! Thought I wouldn't do a post today? Haha! You guessed wrong! I've been really lazy these past few days. I'm not sure if you've noticed but my posts have been really short and effortless. Anyway, I plan to make it up today.

Before I go straight to the topic posted above, I went out yesterday to check if the salon was open and it was once again closed! I tried calling their number but I couldn't get through. Always busy. I think it closed down for good. Oh no! I'm the type of person who's really hesitant to let 'strangers' touch my hair. I felt really comfortable with my previous stylist but I don't know what his personal number is! I should've asked him! I'm really hoping they just went for a two week vacation because we asked the stall next to the salon and they told us they haven't opened in two weeks so there's this possibility that they've closed down for good. *tantrums* :'(

Okay, so onto my other skin care routine. I posted my acne control skin care routine before and I believe I told you I would be sharing my 'other' skin care routine so here it is! I have combination skin, more on oily actually but let's just stick with combination (cause I do have dry patches at times). Here's my skin care routine when I don't have noticeable breakouts:

1. Clean and Clear: Clear Fairness Cleanser
2. C.Y. Gabriel Soap 
3. Nivea: Visage Refreshing Toner
4. AHA + Antioxidant
5. Ponds Flawless White Day and Night Cream
6. Pure Beauty Super Brightening Eye Gel
7. Sugar

That's just the list in case you're not interested in what I have to say on each product. If you want to know my thoughts on each product, please continue reading. :)


1. Clean and Clear: Clear Fairness Cleanser

- works just as well as the normal Clean and Clear foaming facial wash, which was what I was originally looking for. The grocery didn't have it on stock that time so I just grabbed another Clean and Clean cleanser and this is what I got. It has soft beads for mild exfoliation. It did not break me out, thankfully. No noticeable skin lightening, which is a good thing but I kind of wanted something that would help me evenout my skin tone because I have pimple scars.


2. C.Y. Gabriel Soap: Special Pink


- I have lightly touched this product on my previous post about my backne getting better. It has a strong soap smell. If you're not a fan of soaps with fragrance, this is not the soap for you. It's a whitening soap but ever since I used it, I did not see any skin lightening although my backne scars has lessened. It has also decreased the amount of backne I had. You are required to use a face towel for this soap. You can't apply it directly onto your skin. I read the literature the soap comes with. Yay for me! :)     


3. Nivea: Visage Refreshing Toner
- This toner works well. It has a mild powdery smell that I like. Reminds me of babies. Haha! Anyway, it has a moisturizing agent that's why after applying, the product doesn't immediately dry up. It leaves skin really smooth and soft. I think this is a good product but I still want to try other brands. Personally, I want a toner that would leave my skin feeling squeeky clean instead of smooth and soft. I let my moisturizer do its job in terms of smoothness and softness. The problem is not the product but just my personal preference.

4. AHA + Antioxidant
- It's just the same thing I use with my acne control skin care routine. I get this from my dermatologist.


5. Ponds Flawless White Day and Night Cream
- It's also the same product I use with my acne control skin care routine.


6. Pure Beauty Super Brightening Eye Gel
- Please disregard the lipstick featured in the photo above. I was too lazy to take another picture of the eye gel. I have been using this eye gel for two weeks now and I want to use it some more before I actually say something about it. I plan to do a more in depth review on this product in the future. I've also added this in my acne control skincare routine, after my day/night cream.


7. Sugar

- I use kitchen sugar to exfoliate my skin once a week. I usually use the muscovado one. My face feels super soft after. :)


Hopefully, this post was helpful in one way or another. I will be going to bed now. Toodles! :)


*I just got some of the images over the internet. I was too lazy to take my own picture. Sorry.



with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: