Sunday, April 5, 2015

Holika Holika Egg Soap Special Set: Review

Happy Easter everyone! I may not have easter eggs to show off but I have this- Holika Holika Egg Soap Special Set. Holika Holika Philippines was kind enough to send me this for review. I've tried some Holika Holika makeup but not skin care. I figured it's about time that I do so which is why I wholeheartedly accepted the offer.

They have an ongoing promo where a purchase of any egg soap product, whether 2-pc or 4-pc, will get you a Jelly Cleansing Puff which retails for PHP165 until supplies last.



I searched online for existing reviews on this line and surprisingly, it has good reviews. This set comes in four variants- white egg, green tea, red clay and charcoal. The white egg soap is for pore tightening, green tea is for moisturizing, red clay is for removing dead skin cells and charcoal is for sebum control. I have oily, acne prone sensitive skin and we all know that April is the start of summer here. The temperature gets warmer and warmer plus the humidity makes us sweat more than ever. This is the reason why I chose to try the charcoal soap first.

Before using the soap, I noticed that my skin oils up 2-3 hours from washing. Using face powder helps with oil control but only for about 2-3 hours more. To be honest, I didn't have high expectations when I started using this soap but this soap is nothing but heaven sent for me!

I know I've only used it for a week but so far, this is the best soap out there for oily skin! I swear, since using this product, I find that my face doesn't oil up as much. I can use BB cream in the middle of the summer and I won't feel like a greaseball in the middle of the day. What's best about it is that it doesn't completely strip your face of moisture.

Back then, I said that oiling up (frying pan oily) after 3-4 hours is normal and that there's really nothing I can do about that because I have naturally oily skin. I was wrong. There's still hope with Holika Holika. Specifically, there's hope with this carcoal soap.

After washing my face with this soap, I go about with my usual skin care routine and apply my usual face routine, complete with BB cream and powder. Four hours after, I still look human! Sure, I'm not completely dry. But I sure won't say I can fry an egg on my face. The most that happens is that it looks like I have natural oils building up. It just makes me look healthy and glowy. I find that I don't have to blot nor touch up with powder for the rest of the day.

I am very happy with this product and I am nothing but glad that I decided to review this. So yes, I am excited to say, for all my girls struggling with oily skin like I do, this might be the solution you're looking for! Try it and let me know your thoughts in the comment section below. For more information, you can visit Holika Holika Philippines' facebook page here.
With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: