Monday, November 24, 2014

ELF Eyelid Primer: Review

When I first got into makeup, I saw several youtube gurus using a product called eye primer. It was so foreign to me. I've never seen my mom use it so really, it felt unreal to me.



And so I continued observing gurus here and there and they all say the same thing. That primer helps eyeshadow adhere better and keeps it from creasing. After a while, I bought my first primer, also from ELF, but in a stick/cream form. After getting sick of that, I tried this other primer in this doe foot applicator packaging.

First and foremost, I'd have to say this is one of the cheapest out there  as it only costs around PHP129.75. If you're just starting with makeup and eye primers, I suggest you get this one.

It gets the job does, creates a nice base for my powder eyeshadows to adhere to, makes colors more pigmented and lengthens the wear time of my eyeshadows with minimal creasing.

In comparison to the ELF Eyelid Primer from the studio line (stick version), I prefer this one as it feels lighter on the lids and still gets the job done. Even though I expected the stick version to perform better, I'd have to say they perform just the same to me.

I wish there are more photos for me to show how it performs and compares but the pictures I took before were taken by my old camera and they're all blurred beyond recognition.

Trust me though, what the gurus were saying are all true. Using eye primer really makes a difference. But if you're just a beginner, getting Urban Decay or Too Faced might be too expensive for you. In that case, I highly recommend getting this one from ELF.
With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: