Friday, February 21, 2014

Review: Snoe White Lighting Licorice Beauty Bar


Okay guys! So I'm back to blogging! I'm going to try and be more active from this day forward. I know I've said this a million times before and you might have the concept of 'The Boy (better make that 'Girl') Who Cried Wolf' going on in your head. (I don't know about you but whenever I hear about the BWCW, EXO's image pops into my head. Sorry, K-Pop fan to the core. Yehet!) Anyway, I think I'm drifting away from my main point. So it's 11:20 PM right now and I'm typing this all down. I'm not planning on sleeping anytime soon because I want to finish two posts for tonight and maybe write more tomorrow. Since I now have the concept of scheduled posts (I only knew about this today. This justifies my claim that aging and technology don't mesh well.), I may be able to actually fulfill my wishes of being active in beauty blogging once again.

Wanna be the fairest of them all?

Anyway, I am here to talk about Snoe Lightening Licorice Beauty Bar. I bought this wwaayyyy back, I don't even remember exactly when. I was so busy with work stuff (usual excuse, mian~) that I didn't get to review it right away.

So yeah, it's been quite a while since I used this but this was quite a memorable product for me. I wouldn't forget this product cause I got a lot of compliments after I started using this.

So what is this product anyway? Heck, what is Snoe? If you didn't already know, Snoe is a Filipino beauty and skin care brand. If you want to know more about the brand, you can check them out at http://www.snoebeauty.com/. Yay for Pinoy pride!

I bought this particular product at SM Sta. Rosa. They have a store there. It's been quite a while since I visited the same mall but I'm pretty sure they're still there.

Anyway, so I got this product along with two other things: another soap and the Shoozit Spray me from Behind Back Acne Spray (my sister's). When I first entered their store, I was really impressed with the set-up. It felt warm and welcoming. It was hard for me to not go through all the products because they have the best names for each one of them. You know how Benefit creates cool names for their products like 'Porefessional' and stuff alike? Snoe does it too! Sometimes even better! Their product names goes something like 'It’s Oat K! It’s Alright Hydrating Facial Mist' and 'Awesome Poresome Pore Minimizing Power Cleanser'. Cool, huh? If there's one Filipino brand that I believe could go international, it would be Snoe.

Enough about the brand, let's talk about the soap. Here's a little something about the product taken from their official website:
"We’ve got your sensitive skin covered, so make it stand out! Our special formulation containing licorice is safe for the most delicate skin for a total nourishing and gentle whitening effect. Contains Glabridina that inhibits pigmentation by preventing Tyrosinase (responsible for dark spots), Delays skin aging while giving you that pinkish, radiant glow and comes with anti-inflammatory properties derived from licorice."
After using the product for about two weeks, my workmates have started to notice my skin lightening. I personally didn't notice it since I didn't really think it would actually whiten my skin but then people started voicing it out and I can't help but believe them. One workmate even sent me a personal message in facebook asking me to tell her my secret! I told her about how I'm using this new soap and she took note of it and made sure to recognize the brand if she happens to pass by. She also asked about its side effects and I told her I didn't experience anything other than whitening. It didn't sting, didn't itch, didn't peel. True to its claim, it is suitable for sensitive skin!

One of my most popular posts is my Kojie-san review, which is another whitening soap. If you guys ask me which is better, I'd say they're right about the same with its whitening effects. It's just that Kojie-san dries up my skin more so I tend to lean more on this product.

However, I already stopped using this. And that's only because I have a bad case of bacne (and this was even before I started using this product) so I had to get a different soap specifically made for pimples and such. Just to clarify though, this did NOT aggravate the condition of my skin. It just wasn't helping with the current state so I had to switch for the love of my back.

So if you don't have problematic skin and you want to be the fairest of them all, why don't you give this product a try and tell me how it goes for you?

with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: