Friday, September 4, 2015

Tony Moly Face Mix Cover Pot Concealer: Review

From time to time, I'd get full blown breakouts without any idea why it's happening. Of course, I'd pay a visit to my dermatologist but the blemishes and the scars these breakouts leave on my face need intervention, or at least they need to look less visible. To do that, I use the Tony Moly Face Mix Cover Pot Concealer.




It comes in a small pot packaging, just like the name suggests. It's not exactly my favorite type of packaging because of hygiene purposes (you have to dip your finger into the product) but I really don't see any other good alternatives for cream concealer packaging. Of course, one may choose to use a concealer brush but I personally find that too time consuming for an everyday basis. Nevertheless, I chose to use cream concealer because it gives me the best coverage. This particular line has 2 shades- natural and light beige. I got the shade natural beige, which is the darker one. To be honest, though, it isn't dark at all.

Swatches

I like that this particular concealer is easy to work with. It melts into the skin quickly and gives a good amount of coverage. The only thing that would make it better is if it doesn't settle into fine lines, which it does. Because of this, I don't recommend it as an undereye concealer unless you have a very good eye cream or serum. However, if you really want to, the best way (for me) to use this under my eyes is over my Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil. Otherwise, it exentuates my fine lines and dry patches, making me look older than my age.

Here's a little before  and after photos. I am very sorry for showing you that HUGE zit and my ungroomed brows.



On the other hand, like I mentioned, it is perfect for blemishes, whether it be an active breakout, cyst, redness or hyperpigmentation. This is a part of my everyday makeup routine and I am happy I found this goodness at the very cheap price of PHP 248.

This is available in Tony Moly counters in selected department stores and drugstores. There are also boutiques available locally. For more information, feel free to visit their facebook page at Tony Moly Philippines.

With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: