Tuesday, October 21, 2014

ELF Duo Eyeshadow Cream (Mocha Swirl): Review

Today's product review features a product from ELF. It's called the Duo Eyeshadow Cream in Mocha Swirl. It has two neutral shades that are best used as base for your eye makeup. Personally, I prefer the darker brown color over the other one but both works fine.





Technically, you can use this product alone as lid color but I never do so as I feel that it creases easily on my lids although its description says otherwise. (Yes, it says long wearing and crease resistant on the upper right hand corner of the packaging.) I always make it a point to place powder eye shadows on top to set it to keep it on longer.



Most of the time, I use the darker brown as an all over lid color and I top it off with an apricot eye shadow or any light colored shimmery eyeshadow. This creates a nice fusion of colors, perfect for when I'm in a hurry. Other times, I use the lighter shade as a plain eye shadow base.
This swatch is a little overexposed. Sorry about that. :p

As you can see, the product is very straight to the point. It's packaging is very simple, compact and I just use my fingers to apply it. It is very creamy, easily blendable, pigmented and cheap. It is priced at PHP129.75 (correct me if I'm wrong) and is available in leading drugstores like Watsons, where I bought mine.

I feel that this is a nice product to try although I cannot really say it's a necessity. Nevertheless, I do not regret buying this product as I have been constantly reaching for this product recently.

Here's a video I did a while back using the lighter shade as my eyeshadow base:  

For more information, you can visit ELF Philippines facebook page right here.

With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: