Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Careline Oil Control Liquid Make-up: Review





I say:

Careline Oil Contril Liquid Make-up (mine's in Oriental) is perfect for everyday use. It has light coverage so if you're like me and you don't want to pack on so much makeup on your face for school/work or just when you're going out, then this is perfect for you. It has vitamin E, which is good for your skin so that's definitely a plus. It's easy to blend because of it's consistency. I won't say it's the best make-up base out there but it's good enough to minimize the number of times of reapplication you need to do for your blush/eyeshadow throughout the day. It can be easily be washed off with your favorite facial wash and I believe that's a good thing because after a long tiring day, I really don't want to put a lot of effort into washing the make-up off my face. To top things off, this product is very cheap. It certainly won't create a hole in your pockets so it's perfect for those beauties out there on a budget.
One of the things I don't like with this make-up is that even thought it claims to be an oil control liquid make-up and that you're supposed to be shine-free "all day", I notice that when I use it, after about 2-3 hours, oil builds up. I would have to reapply powder over it to minimize the shine. Also, although the packaging is compact (tube form) and is perfect for travelling, I have to be really careful when pressing onto the body because sometimes, it releases more make-up than what I intended to get. But I guess that's just my carelessness when I'm in a hurry.

Over all, I would like to say that this product is actually WORTH IT.

Pros:

  • cheap
  • easy to blend
  • has vitamin E which is good for skin
  • can easily be washed off with facial cleanser
  • available in a lot of stores (malls, watsons, etc.) nationwide
  • have to reapply powder over after a few hours as it tends to build up oil although it claims to be an "oil control liquid make-up"
  • not good for those who wants a lot of coverage

Cons:
Useful Links:

(I bought this product with my own money and I am not getting paid for this review. Note that these are just my opinions and I do not guarantee that what I say would hold true in everyone's case.)

No comments: