Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Maybelline White Superfresh Long Lasting UV Cake Powder: Review

One of the things I decided to change with my routine is how often I use liquid BB creams and foundations. Back then, whenever I'd leave the house for work, I'd always use these kinds of makeup bases. This time, I decided to focus on concealing problem areas and just leaving the rest of the face powdered.




I am not blessed with perfect skin. This is why this goal didn't come as easy as I thought it would be. I searched for different brands of different powder foundations for something that can provide me with a little coverage, melts just right on the skin and keeps me looking matte or glowy for the rest of the day. The drugstore winner from my collection is this Maybelline Super White Fresh Powder Foundation.


I initially tried it because 1. It is fairly new. 2. It can easily be bought in local drugstores and supermarkets. and lastly, 3. A lot of beauty bloggers raved about this product.




After swatching several times, I decided to go with the shade Natural. I thought it was the most neutral shade out of the bunch that will match my skin tone well. Sure enough, this shade ended up being a good match for me.

I just got the refill for trial. I was planning on getting the one with mirror once I use this up but to be honest, I think I can live without the mirror as I don't do touch ups during the middle of the day.

I don't stay matte all day but once my natural oil seeps through, I look glowy instead of greasy so I skip on touch ups. On a regular 8-hour shift, I just slap this powder foundation before going to work and although I bring the powder with me, I rarely get it out from my bag fir a retouch.

This foundation, however, doesn't give full coverage so I suggest you use a concealer underneath for problem areas. That's what I do every single day and it does the job for me.

I love this product for everyday use because it is very affordable, easily accessible and it works well. I never thought I'd be able to let go of my BB creams and liquid foundations but I did! I mean, not completely. They're staying in my makeup drawer for future use but for now, this Maybelline Super White Fresh Powder Foundation has taken over my kit.

I'm sure most of you have heard of this product before. Have you tried it or do you want to try it in the future? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.

With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: