Saturday, August 30, 2014

THEFACESHOP Natural Sun Super Perfect Sun Cream: Review


It's hard to believe that over half of my good friends don't use sunscreen on a daily basis. Living in Philippines, a tropical country that people regard as the place where summer never ends, would make you think people here have the best knowledge about sun protection. After all, sun is almost always present here. But lo and behold, majority of the people here take sunblocks for granted.

I'm pretty sure for most people, the depleting ozone layer was discussed at least once in class. People are also noticing that the sun is becoming more and more intense as time passes. This observation is no joke. The blazing heat not only causes burnt skin but also contributes to premature wrinkles. That is why if you want to preserve your youthful self, make sure you equip yourself with a good amount of SPF to protect your skin.

 THEFACESHOP Natural Sun Super Perfect Sun Cream

I guess it comes as no surprise that I was tempted to buy this product although this was easily a few hundred pesos more than my previous sunscreen (Celeteque- to be reviewed soon). Firstly, this is from a brand called THEFACESHOP and so far, THEFACESHOP delivers the best skin care products in the market. Also, who would say "no" to a product that has "Super Perfect" as a part of its product name? I know I wouldn't!


It comes in an orange sunrise gradient packaging befitting its purpose. It is in a typical squeeze tube packaging which is something that I'm not particularly fond nor resentful of. What I like about it, though, is the nozzle tip. It certainly helps in controlling the amount of product you want to dispense.


Something that I'm particular with when choosing a sunscreen is its texture. Since this will be on top of all my skin care and will be the layer before my makeup, I prefer it to be nonsticky and light, which is what it exactly is. On the other hand, the amount of SPF doesn't matter much. As long as it doesn't go below SPF 30, then I'm good to go. PA protection is considered a plus factor to me. Thankfully, THEFACESHOP Natural Sun Sun Cream has SPF 50 and a PA of +++ which basically means it offers both UVA abd UVB protection.


So far, this product is the lightest formula I've tried which is similar to a regular emulsion consistency. Usual sunblocks I've tried are pretty hard to spread and blend. This one isn't. Also, other sunscreens leave a noticeable white cast on the face but this gets eaten up by the skin thoroughly with almost no trace of its existence.

After getting absorbed

Over all, I'm pretty satisfied with this product. If I had to choose my favorite commercial sun cream, I would easily choose this over other brands. Admittedly, I'm not using this at the moment because 1.) I already used this product up. 2.) I'm currently using a product that's a part of a prescription set. Otherwise, I would definitely buy another tube with no second thoughts.

As you might have guessed, I highly recommend this product. For more information, feel free to visit THEFACESHOP Philippines' facebook page.

Note: This is not sponsored. I bought this with my own money.

PS- My Disqus is going crazy. I don't know what to do. T_T


with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: