Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Tosowoong Makeon Lip Manicure 30 Seconds (#5 Real Red): Review

The good thing about having a wide selection of lip products is that you can instantly change up your look from dainty to strong and bold with just a different color or lip finish. However, there's this one lip color that goes with anything. It can pass for everyday use, for work, for a date or even for a night out. It's a classic. Yes, you guessed it right. I'm talking about red lip color. A red lip color is very versatile but honestly speaking, it's a hard color to pull off. For me to like a red lip color, I have a few conditions I'm looking for.
    

First and foremost, I want a red lip color with a satin to matte finish. I don't like wearing glossy red lip colors. The reason for this is because I feel that red is already strong of a color and that having it shine on my lips isn't flattering on me. No, don't get me wrong. Glossy red lips look good on other people, just not on me.

The next thing I want is a lip color that I can apply easily on my lips. Because red lips is a bold color to sport, one must be precise when applying it on the lips. A single smudge may ruin the whole look, if you're not careful.

Lastly, since red lip color is hard(er) to apply than other lip colors (in my opinion), then I'd definitely prefer it if it would last long so that I don't have to reapply throughout  the day. It would also be nice if it stays where it is and doesn't bleed so that I don't end up acting all glamorous (because that's what red lips make me do) when my lip color is going all around my lip area. (This is an actual horror story I'm afraid of happening. Good thing it still hasn't happened to me.)

 
With all that in mind, I am proud to share with you this product from Tosowoong Makeon. It is called the Makeon Lip Manicure 30 Seconds and I got this from my Memebox Global #15. It came in the mail with the shade Real Red, a vibrant classic red. The product reminded me of the Clio Lipnicure, which I was dying to try but never got my hands on.


Upon swatching, I saw that the product is very pigmented. You definitely have to be cautious when applying this product if you want it to look natural. However, if you're into doing bold lips, you will definitely enjoy this product.

Just as the name says, "30 Seconds", the product sets after 30 seconds. When applying, make sure to dab it on specific areas little by little instead of putting small dots on different parts of your lips because it dries easily. Once 30 seconds are up, the product will set and you won't be able to spread it out. This is the reason why I think you have to be quick with working on this product, which some of you may not like. On the other hand, I don't mind it because like I said, if you dab the product on specific areas and spread it carefully, you won't have any complaints with the application of this product.

Speaking of application, the product comes with a doe foot applicator that you commonly see on lip glosses. I love it since it makes the product so easy to work with. The finish is leaning towards matte and I have to be honest. If you don't moisturize your lips beforehand, it will dry your lips out. What I like to do is moisturize my lips every night and before applying skin care and makeup. I suggest, however, that right before you apply the lip manicure wipe off your lip balm/moisturizer. It compromises the longevity and finish of the product.

Smudged vigorously. It actually didn't budge except for the big lump at the end of the first swatch that didn't dry up.

Lastly, I would like to point out that this product is very long lasting. It practically stays the whole day. I can vouch that once this sets, it won't fade. However, I would also like to point out that this product isn't waterproof so you might have to re-apply it after eating or drinking. Other than that, you can be rest assured that your lip color is as vibrant as it was the first time you applied it.

Trying out gradient lips with this product

Full on red lips is also good with this product

I would say that this product is very much highly recommended. If you're into pigmented, easy to work with, long lasting, nonbleeding lip color, then you'd definitely love this product. I personally don't know where to get it as I only got this as part of my Memebox but I after doing my search, I found out that it is available for purchase through e-bay and amazon. You may want to check those sites out, if you're interested.

What do you think of this lip product? Would you dare to try it or have you already? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below. :)
With Love,
Anna Luisa

No comments: