Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Review: Revlon Colorsilk in Shade 57 Lightest Golden Brown

I'm a person who's not new to the concept of hair coloring. I did it quite a few times for the past 4 years. I've always been safe with my color choices. I always picked colors that are of brown descent. This year, however, I've been wanting to lighten my hair visibly but I've never been able to do so. I tried getting Palty's Marshmallow Ash but that turned out to be just another ordinary shade of brown.


As I was strolling around Watsons, I saw this particular shade and was interested on how this color would turn out once applied on my hair. Initially, I wanted to get Syoss's Light Ash Blonde color but I chickened out since I was afraid it would lighten my hair too much. Hence, I got this 'almost' blonde color on the shelf.


A few days before my birthday, I tried it out and I loved it! It was the perfect golden brown shade. It has lightened my hair color visibly and has brightened my skin tone. Here's a before and after video that shows how this particular hair dye worked on my previously dyed (but naturally dark brown) hair:



In addition to the things I love about this hair dye is the after color conditioner. It made my hair super soft, straight and shiny!

On the other hand, after a few weeks, the color faded and turned into a medium brown shade, a bit similar to my previous hair color. So I guess if you're looking for a long lasting hair dye, I wouldn't recommend this brand. But if you just want a change for a short period of time, this may be the one for you.

with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: