Tuesday, January 8, 2013

First Impressions: Cream Silk Perfection Daily Treatment COnditioner

Tagged as the next generation conditioner, Cream Silk Perfection Daily Treatment Conditioner for full-bodied straight hair promises to restore smoothness from roots to tips. It claims to have the power of treatment with the speed of a conditioner.



I received this product sample a while back and I never got to use it until now. They say this one's specially designed for straightened hair. Yes, my hair is naturally straight but I still want to see how it would work on my hair.

I've always used the regular line of Cream Silk as my conditioner (purple/pink). It's my favorite conditioner, by far. It makes my hair soft, manageable and it keeps my hair smelling good all day long. Now I want to see if there really is a difference between their regular conditioners and this one.

SCENT
I'm not a big fan of the scent. I don't think there's anything wrong with the smell, though. The scent for this one is milder compared to their regular line, which probably explains why the scent goes away faster with this one. It may be just me but I prefer the scent their regular line has.

CONSISTENCY
I don't really see any difference in terms of its consistency as compared to the regular line.

EFFECT
It's pretty much the same effect but I guess my hair's a tad bit softer after drying it out. I love the way my hair feels afterwards. I keep touching my hair from time to time after using this. It also makes the hair manageable and shiny.

So the question is- would I replace my weekly hair treatment with this? I don't think so. I still like my Sunsilk Damage Reconstruction treatment over this.

Now would I replace my good old regular Cream Silk conditioner? No. Since in my opinion, there's only minimal difference between the two. I'd be sticking to their regular conditioners (in pink/purple) simply because (as I've said) I like the scents better.

I want to reiterate that this product does NOT smell bad. It smells quite nice, actually. And overall, I think this is a good product. Just not good enough for me to switch and buy the full size version.

with love, Anna Luisa

No comments: